Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2021, 02:16 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,970,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
I get that, gee thanks.

I created this thread for perspective and for the most part my question was answered.

I like hearing perspective but me? I’ll click list it and spend more time on the boat. That’s more fun to me than shopping at Kroger.
"On the boat"? I thought you said you couldn't walk?

No judgement, though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2021, 02:18 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
I look for the markdown stuff. You go in after they have marked down the meats I can get some really nice steaks for half price. I also reach for the back to get the freshest dated dairy and also meat products. The delivery people will not do that.

I have used the delivery services. I get wrong items on occasion and if my item is out of stock and I let them choose the replacement that usually does not go well. And if you don't let them choose you end up with 10% of your items out of stock. That was my experience. And this was a Krogers / Fry's store.

Old 02-26-2021, 02:18 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
You can't read, but whatever. Lol. Maybe they went back and edited it. More than one judgy, condescending post from more than one person.

I can read, you just can't remember. The other person did not edit their post and said:

"I enjoy walking around the store, seeing the different products, selecting my own purchases, ensuring that I have my own order right, meeting people I know and chatting a moment, even exchanging pleasantries with the clerk, then placing my own groceries in my own car versus sitting like a lump on a log surfing Facebook and paying a premium to do so. Call me crazy!"

Nothing in there but "I" and "my". And a "me".

Old 02-26-2021, 02:19 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,670,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
"On the boat"? I thought you said you couldn't walk?

No judgement, though!
Temporarily my mobility isn't great as I'm waiting on surgery. And yes, "on the boat" when the time comes.

God what is it with some people on here, lmao.

Why do people have to be so grouchy?

Old 02-26-2021, 02:19 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,970,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
After reading these posts where the majority of people shop in person, I'm surprised and kind of baffled over the reasons given for preferring to trudge around a grocery store for "enjoyment". To each their own, but.....Ugh! I'm with OP on this topic. I don't get it, either.

I don't understand the concept of wandering around the store figuring out what to make for the week. It seems to me a highly inefficient way to shop. For me, basic menu planning is a) see what is on hand already b) check out what is on sale c) plan the menu for at least a few meals based on a & b, and d)research recipes to see what ingredients are needed e) compile the list of items for meals as well as staples, cleaning products, etc. that are needed. f) submit my order for a convenient pickup time, and I'm done!

There is no way I need to be in a store doing all that, nor would it be the most efficient use of my time. As for saving money by shopping in person - I have found you spend a LOT more in person due to impulse buying on something that's not on the list.

Is it truly necessary to be in a store to see what is on sale? Hasn't anyone ever checked out the sale circulars that come in the mail, or checked for them online?
No one said we're "wandering aimlessly, wondering what to buy. I always have a list (in order according to the store layout, even) based on the week's circular and specials. The sale items are often in a clearance bin or rack. Unadvertised. As for price, most people at least tip for curbside service, so that's not "free" in my book.

Old 02-26-2021, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I can read, you just can't remember. The other person did not edit their post and said:

"I enjoy walking around the store, seeing the different products, selecting my own purchases, ensuring that I have my own order right, meeting people I know and chatting a moment, even exchanging pleasantries with the clerk, then placing my own groceries in my own car versus sitting like a lump on a log surfing Facebook and paying a premium to do so. Call me crazy!"

Nothing in there but "I" and "my". And a "me".
And you see zero condescension? Okay, you can read but you can't interpret.

Call ME crazy.

Old 02-26-2021, 02:21 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times
Quote:
Y Maybe they went back and edited it. More than one judgy, condescending post from more than one person.
Ummm ... yourself included.

Quote:
So going grocery shopping is fun for you? It's food you're shopping for, not $100k convertibles.
You started this thread from a place of judging. In your mind, it's absolutely ridiculous that everyone isn't using Clicklist. You were fairly condescending from the start. Hence, people getting defensive.

ETA: and if someone edits a post, it usually says so. Or it used to. Maybe that's changed. (Apparently it has changed, as I've edited this a couple times)
(Editing again because Oceangaia gave me an explanation downthread and I want to see how it works. )

Last edited by hertfordshire; 02-26-2021 at 03:36 PM..

Old 02-26-2021, 02:22 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
You can't read, but whatever. Lol. Maybe they went back and edited it. More than one judgy, condescending post from more than one person.

I could not possibly care less, and I don't think anyone should think as I do are you crazy?
But we could argue that the tone of your first post was judgy and condescending--your thesis is that everyone who goes into the grocery store is wasting their time, unlike you.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that I enjoy grocery shopping, but as far as regular tasks go, it's certainly not the worst.

Old 02-26-2021, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But we could argue that the tone of your first post was judgy and condescending--your thesis is that everyone who goes into the grocery store is wasting their time, unlike you.
How? How is this judgy? All I said was I don't really get it. I think the second part of my OP is a valid point if you're not buying heavy amounts of deli and produce stuff.

Quote:
I truly don't get it.

Why would anyone want to go into the store if they don't have to?

Old 02-26-2021, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Ummm ... yourself included.

You started this thread from a place of judging. In your mind, it's absolutely ridiculous that everyone isn't using Clicklist. You were fairly condescending from the start. Hence, people getting defensive.

ETA: and if someone edits a post, it usually says so. Or it used to. Maybe that's changed. (Apparently it has changed, as I've edited this a couple times)
Please show me where I said it was "absolutely ridiculous"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products