Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2021, 07:50 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,126,163 times

Advertisements

Lowes & Home Depot are both pretty good in my area. I am always very surprised if I ever run into a Walmart Associate that will actually give you the time of day let alone help you find an item you're looking for. It's the caliber of the people they hire mostly but the companies fault that they consistently hire that caliber of people.

Walgreens at both places I've lived in the past few yrs... ugh. The cashier up front is usually friendly, helpful and efficient. Their pharmacists and help in the pharmacy on the other hand....not so much. They're usually pretty snotty and couldn't care less if you are the only person standing there, they will ignore you. At least, that's been my experience. One time I stood there for 13 minutes (I was the ONLY customer at the time) while the only person working the pharmacy at the time was the pharmacist and she was discussing a recipe for pot roast on the phone. She would glance at me on and off and walk a bit out of sight and then pop out again while I listened to the entire conversation. It was 13 minutes from the time I started to actually pay attention to my watch. What's the point of having a Walgreens on every corner and never hiring enough people for the pharmacy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2021, 09:01 AM

385 posts, read 205,815 times
Rooms To Go. My hubs and daughter were perusing the store, maybe two other customers in the entire store and they stuck their noses up at us and ignored us. They did wait on the other customers though and there was an abundance of sales people available.

Old 11-10-2021, 01:12 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,039,134 times
Target never has employees on the floor. If you have a question you are out of luck.

They don't even clean up the departments where clothing is strewn all over the place. Just a mess.

Old 11-10-2021, 03:30 PM

4,845 posts, read 3,272,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
Target never has employees on the floor. If you have a question you are out of luck.

They don't even clean up the departments where clothing is strewn all over the place. Just a mess.
I'd drive twenty miles to a crappy Target to avoid going in the unquestionably crappier WalMart one mile down the road.

Old 11-10-2021, 04:42 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,781,251 times
I avoid both

Old 11-11-2021, 04:36 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,419,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post

I used to shop at Target very very often. I go there less lately but I have the opposite experience. Often when I am just browsing, I must look a bit lost or confused because more times than not I get an employee approaching me and asking if I need help finding something.
Also I find the whole process there better than most. If you are at the register and there is a problem with an order, the cashier is able to suspend the transaction while it is researched ( like a price or a damaged product) and go on to the next customer in line. At most other places, everything stops until the original transaction is completed. The line can be full of 10 people waiting and they will just wait longer.

Old 11-11-2021, 06:22 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,039,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
I'd drive twenty miles to a crappy Target to avoid going in the unquestionably crappier WalMart one mile down the road.
Walmart is no great shakes either. However, there are employees available if needed. Target is a ghost town.

Old 11-13-2021, 06:39 AM

50,783 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
I give thumbs up to Walmart We have several super stores, non super ones, and the neighborhood stores. Have shopped at them for over 20 years and have never had a bad experience. The employees have been congenial, professional and very helpful.

I feel for those who live in areas where they seem to find discourteous Walmart employees, thankfully our area is not in that league.
In my Walmart, the employees are always helpful and service is good in the store, however I have to say that I have stopped using Walmart pick up because the shoppers mess up my orders every single time. I don’t know why it is, I didn’t have any problems with it until a couple of months ago, so I don’t know what they changed but whatever it is the service now sucks. Order Diet Pepsi and get regular for instance even though it wasn’t listed on out of stock or the substitution list, they simply picked the wrong product but marked that I got the product I ordered. The last 3-4 times we had to go back to the store to return wrongly picked items so we just gave up because if we have to go in the store we might as well just shop there ourselves.

Old 11-13-2021, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
I used to shop at Target very very often. I go there less lately but I have the opposite experience. Often when I am just browsing, I must look a bit lost or confused because more times than not I get an employee approaching me and asking if I need help finding something.
Also I find the whole process there better than most. If you are at the register and there is a problem with an order, the cashier is able to suspend the transaction while it is researched ( like a price or a damaged product) and go on to the next customer in line. At most other places, everything stops until the original transaction is completed. The line can be full of 10 people waiting and they will just wait longer.
That’s a great system, I never heard of that.

Old 11-13-2021, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
And while the employees in the store seem helpful, my Walmart seems to have a lot of expired produce and other fresh foods that are past the expiration date on the shelves. One time that I went there, half the meat in the meat case was brown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products