Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2021, 06:44 AM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times

Advertisements

OP decided to get a hybrid mattress, so there will be foam. All mentioned above mattresses are made in the USA, so let's hope their foam is of a better quality.

And again, certified mattresses offer a better protection than just plain Chinese cheap crap.

All that would mean not much if OP decides to get a foam or polyester filling pillows and comforters, and polyester/microfiber bedsheets.
Those are closer to skin and nose...
We don't know if OP is concerned about that.

Last edited by elnina; 11-01-2021 at 06:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2021, 12:09 PM

1,768 posts, read 716,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
OP decided to get a hybrid mattress, so there will be foam. All mentioned above mattresses are made in the USA, so let's hope their foam is of a better quality.

And again, certified mattresses offer a better protection than just plain Chinese cheap crap.

All that would mean not much if OP decides to get a foam or polyester filling pillows and comforters, and polyester/microfiber bedsheets.
Those are closer to skin and nose...
We don't know if OP is concerned about that.
Ended up getting the winkbed eco (latex/spring hybrid). Only slept on it a few days now but liking it so far. Was a bit more than I wanted to spend but feel happy with my decision. A lot thicker than I thought it would be - was a pain taking it upstairs by myself and getting it in the bedframe.

Old 11-16-2021, 02:56 PM

Just found this and it's pretty informative (check all folders - LOTS of info)

https://www.slumbersearch.com/top-5-...-sleep-quality

Old 11-16-2021, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skezo View Post
Ended up getting the winkbed eco (latex/spring hybrid). Only slept on it a few days now but liking it so far. Was a bit more than I wanted to spend but feel happy with my decision. A lot thicker than I thought it would be - was a pain taking it upstairs by myself and getting it in the bedframe.
Ha! I know, buying a mattress is very challenging. Enjoy yours!!!

Old 11-16-2021, 05:45 PM

3,837 posts, read 1,787,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skezo View Post
Thanks for reporting back and updating.

Old 12-22-2021, 05:39 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,456,509 times
The March, 2021 issue of Consumer Reports has an extensive review of mattresses with charts for each of the following categories:

1. INNERSPRING
Top-rated Avocado Green, score 85, price $ 1,400
Ethan Allen EA Signature Platinum Plush, score 81, price 2,250
Charles P. Rogers Powercore Estate 5000, score 80, price $1,500

followed by 22 more innerspring mattresses, all are recommended

2. FOAM
Top-rated Essential Stratami, score 82, $ 3,000
Sleep on Latex Pure Green Firm, score 81, price $795
Casper The Casper Original All-Foam (2019 model), score 81, price $1,095

followed by 22 more foam mattresses, all are recommended

3. ADJUSTABLE AIR (four mattresses)

They did not have a separate "hybrid" category, although some of the beds have "hybrid" listed after the name.

They also tested a few pillows and sheet sets.

Old 12-22-2021, 08:07 PM

640 posts, read 450,099 times
Perhaps I'll save you the trouble of endless research. I have researched these mattresses in depth, most recently this spring. Much depends on what stores are in your area and whether you have access to a truck or a large enough car to carry the mattress home -- and back, if need be.

The most important thing is to be able to try the mattresses and the ability to return them. Many stores claim that you can ("100-night free trial!"), but they impose restocking and delivery fees, so it's not really free. Find a store where you can truly return the mattresses, such as Costco. If you have a Costco nearby, try their Novaform foam-mattress line. It's cheap, good, and returnable. They also have good innerspring mattresses at rock-bottom prices, esp. if on sale. Put one on the floor and lie down on it for 15 mins minimum, disregarding the chuckles around you.

In my case, I needed to do a warranty exchange, so I was tied to a particular store chain. But I visited different branches of the store many times, as well as just about every department store that sells mattresses. I've tried almost everything they had. And tried the ones I kind of liked multiple times. Nothing felt right!

In the end, I selected a medium-hardness quality hybrid mattress worth about $1K PLUS bought a Tempurpedic 3" topper in Costco on sale for about $130. So far, the combination it works!

Old 01-05-2022, 09:39 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,456,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strannik33 View Post
In the end, I selected a medium-hardness quality hybrid mattress worth about $1K PLUS bought a Tempurpedic 3" topper in Costco on sale for about $130. So far, the combination it works!
Did you not like the hybrid mattress alone? Did you put the topper on the mattress right away or did you sleep directly on the mattress for awhile?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products