Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2023, 10:13 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,950,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I didn't make that up, I was quoting this:
I didn't say you were making it up. Just that it gives people the impression that it's an American company. But it's not. It is owned by Chinese.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2023, 10:18 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,970,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
There was someone on your thread that bought earrings and was pleasingly surprised at the quality, but not high quality.

I almost did but have been so disappointed by the pop-up companies, especially ones that sell the same thing with a different name. Yes mostly from FB ads.

Yes well, I'll probably never order from them.

Old 03-05-2023, 10:49 AM

14,461 posts, read 20,640,988 times
I have not received an email notice for the last couple dozen comments.

In this photo from Facebook for men's shoes you see a TEMO ad. Facebook is allowing these ads.

I ordered a printer to computer adaptor off Ebay. $1.59 and free shipping. It arrived early from China and their item's description was what we wanted and was accurate but their photo was of another type of adapter and their shipping department must have gone by the photo and not the title and sent the wrong adapter, so we will likely get a refund from the seller since Ebay will force a refund if needed. From previous experiences with Ebay orders from China they prefer to give a refund vs. replacing the item.

We need some items by a date so we are going to buy them on Temo and the total is under $10 so we will find some add on item. If we lose the $10-$12 no problem and won't use them again.
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone Ever Order from TEMU?-untitled.jpgrrrrrrrrrrrr.jpg  

Old 03-05-2023, 12:18 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
Cheap junk cutting out the various middlemen, so your money goes straight to the Chinese sweatshop owners. I try not to do any direct business with CCP-affiliated businesses myself.
Good on you.
Well, I paid 1.19 for a couple of useful kitchen thingies...if some Chinese person made 4cents ---ok.
And they were great ...not junk...I really liked their arch supports....and red knit cap
that is just polyester yarn, of course....and neat key chains with hidden things about an inch long for almost nothing.
And GLOVES for under $5!!!! I got 10 pair and just passed them out.
None was junk.

Old 03-05-2023, 12:21 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times
What I see here is what happens often in life.
You have those that have no first hand exp....maybe hearsay or saw something in an ad.
Then you have those that do have direct exp.
This happens a lot in the Religion section here.

Old 03-05-2023, 12:41 PM

42,840 posts, read 26,253,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Good on you.
Well, I paid 1.19 for a couple of useful kitchen thingies...if some Chinese person made 4cents ---ok.
And they were great ...not junk...I really liked their arch supports....and red knit cap
that is just polyester yarn, of course....and neat key chains with hidden things about an inch long for almost nothing.
And GLOVES for under $5!!!! I got 10 pair and just passed them out.
None was junk.
I got gloves too and they are really nice, better than the $10 ones I got from Amazon last year.

Old 03-05-2023, 12:44 PM

42,840 posts, read 26,253,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
Cheap junk cutting out the various middlemen, so your money goes straight to the Chinese sweatshop owners. I try not to do any direct business with CCP-affiliated businesses myself.
But you are still buying Chinese made goods, I'm not sure why you consider that more 'righteous' because you are buying it through a firm like Amazon.

Old 03-05-2023, 02:02 PM

10,889 posts, read 7,379,877 times
Quote:
But you are still buying Chinese made goods, I'm not sure why you consider that more 'righteous' because you are buying it through a firm like Amazon.
Yeah. You could buy items direct from China, then send Amazon a donation.

Old 03-05-2023, 02:23 PM

9,085 posts, read 6,305,573 times
Quote:
Buying Chinese goods from Amazon is not more righteous than buying the same items from Temu but choosing Amazon does keep some of the dollars in the US.

If I need small household items, furnishings or clothing I go to thift stores as a first option. Buying secondhand goods eliminates the need to manufacture in the first place and all the energy used to ship the items across the Pacific Ocean and that is certainly more righteous than opting to buy Chinese goods through any source.

Old 03-05-2023, 03:08 PM

14,461 posts, read 20,640,988 times
Ooops.

We registered so as to place an order and of course we had to give our email address.
Now on every webpage where there is a display ad there is a TEMU ad. They'll be there as long as we are a registered user. I guess their ads are better than some of the ones we see over and over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products