Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2023, 09:19 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times

Advertisements

Which do you prefer for most comfortable sneaker? Asics just came out w/ the new Gel-Nimbus 25. I've never tried Hoka or Saucony, but Hoka's Bondi 8 style seems great. Always wanted to try the brand On too & their Cloudmonster style seems to be the most maximum cushioning.

I may need to online order 2-3 pairs, try them all, then return the ones I don't want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2023, 10:29 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
I don't want them to be "plushiest and cushiest". I want them to support my feet.

It depends on the purpose: just walking in the city, hiking, running, climbing, all weather, all terrain etc...?

For just city walking l like Allbirds.

Old 02-27-2023, 12:55 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Trying to find extremely comfortable shoes since I walk around all day on hard floors. My legs are killing me since I blew out my Nike Airs...which have been extremely comfortable. Even though they are destroyed, sometimes I will still wear them when I take my dog out because my legs, back, and feet hurt so much with my other shoes, and despite how destroyed they are, they are STILL more comfortable than any of my other shoes. So, maybe try those?

They are not cheap, however...but at this time, I'm realizing that if they feel that good when the gel has fallen out, one shoe has only half the width of the sole anymore, and yet they feel like clouds after a long day, it might just be worth it to plunk down another almost $200 for another pair.

I also want to know why on earth do all of these shoes have to look so ridiculous anymore. I don't want to look like a space alien, I want plain, black shoes. I always have to buy from the boy's section because of the ugly designs they have for ladies shoes.

Old 02-27-2023, 03:03 AM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
I agree with the ugly look, especially the thick, WHITE sole that makes every shoe look so big. Why white soles are so popular? No matter what color is the top?

Spoiler

^^^ Jeremy Moeller//Getty Images

Balenciaga makes the ugliest sole IMHO.

Although, those look kinda fun!

https://www.bellewholesale.com/produ...b3de15dd8.html

Old 02-27-2023, 06:38 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Which do you prefer for most comfortable sneaker? Asics just came out w/ the new Gel-Nimbus 25. I've never tried Hoka or Saucony, but Hoka's Bondi 8 style seems great. Always wanted to try the brand On too & their Cloudmonster style seems to be the most maximum cushioning.

I may need to online order 2-3 pairs, try them all, then return the ones I don't want.
My wife had extensive foot surgery last summer and her orthopedist recommended that she get Hoka's Bondi 7 for a walking shoe. She did so and says that they're very comfortable.

Old 02-27-2023, 09:13 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I agree with the ugly look, especially the thick, WHITE sole that makes every shoe look so big. Why white soles are so popular? No matter what color is the top?

^^^ Jeremy Moeller//Getty Images

Balenciaga makes the ugliest sole IMHO.

Although, those look kinda fun!

https://www.bellewholesale.com/produ...b3de15dd8.html
Why does the heel on that shoe extend 2 inches back from the person's actual heel. I would be tripping all over.

Old 03-01-2023, 08:20 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
Thanks a lot guys!

I hate white sneakers too as well as white soles & many of the color combinations they make these days for ladies. The men's colors seem to always be better to me for most sneaker brands & I've gotten a couple of men's sneakers due to that.

I like black or grey w/ a toich of a nice color such as royal blue, teal, eggplant, etc.

Old 03-16-2023, 02:46 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,146,203 times
New Balance........................

Old 03-16-2023, 03:54 PM

2,221 posts, read 1,330,555 times
I have worn the Asics Gel Nimbus since the 1980s and can recommend them. However, whatever you do, do NOT order them from Asics's website because if you do, I promise you that you will regret it. They have the worst customer service in the entire universe. Either buy them in a store, or order them on Amazon. Last year's model ran narrow (as usual) and short. I normally size up one size. This time I had to size up two whole sizes to get a proper fit, and of course I ordered the Wide. If your width is B, order Wide.

I am unfamiliar with the other brands you mentioned.

Old 03-20-2023, 07:39 AM

50,715 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I don't want them to be "plushiest and cushiest". I want them to support my feet.

It depends on the purpose: just walking in the city, hiking, running, climbing, all weather, all terrain etc...?

For just city walking l like Allbirds.
Yes, this. I have arthritis and wear an orthotic, and support is king. Reluctantly switched from Sketchers due to this. I walked around in every brand sneaker at Kohls, and Asics Gel Contend were the most comfortable and supportive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products