Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2023, 09:54 PM

15,423 posts, read 9,102,986 times

Advertisements

Is anyone else having problems with their Amazon Shopping Cart? There seems to be some changes with the shopping cart for me. When I go to check out, it asks me for the gift option. It's not a gift, but I just click the "Save Gift Options And Continue" button anyway. Then it asks me for Payment Method. When I try to click "Use This Payment Method" the button is greyed out and I can't continue. I try checking and unchecking the payment method, but nothing works.

But I can use the Buy Now button with no problem. So it can't be a problem with my account. It's a bit of a problem because I can't combine items to get free shipping. As a work around I just bought one item over $25 which qualified for free shipping. Then I bought an under $25 item with free 24 hour shipping.

What a PITA. Is anyone else having this problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2023, 12:29 AM

187 posts, read 113,718 times
I’m not having any problems. Is your credit card expiration date up-to-date?

Old 03-13-2023, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom22j View Post
I’m not having any problems. Is your credit card expiration date up-to-date?
Thanks for your reply. Gift card, not CC. The payment method is showing correct. But I did check and uncheck it a few times to see if that would help. Like I said I don't think it's a problem with my account information, because I can still buy stuff, I just can't use the Shopping Cart. Which leads me to believe it's just a bug.

It's really got me stumped. I guess it was probably some developer trying to fix stuff that ain't broken. Maybe the next update will fix it. Fortunately I got the two items I needed. So I guess I can wait to see if the problem fixes itself.

Old 03-13-2023, 08:26 AM

7,114 posts, read 4,835,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Thanks for your reply. Gift card, not CC. The payment method is showing correct. But I did check and uncheck it a few times to see if that would help. Like I said I don't think it's a problem with my account information, because I can still buy stuff, I just can't use the Shopping Cart. Which leads me to believe it's just a bug.

It's really got me stumped. I guess it was probably some developer trying to fix stuff that ain't broken. Maybe the next update will fix it. Fortunately I got the two items I needed. So I guess I can wait to see if the problem fixes itself.
I haven’t had problems so far, but I haven’t used a gift card. Maybe chat with customer service or get a call back from them and talk with an actual rep.

Old 03-13-2023, 08:51 AM

19,728 posts, read 20,271,976 times
I had an issue with certain things not qualifying for free shipping, and then I had to do the separate order workaround like you mentioned. It was weird and annoying at the time. That was about a month ago, and I haven't made a purchase w/ Amazon since, so I'm not sure if it's changed or if it was just those specific items for some reason...

I was using a debit card.

Old 03-13-2023, 10:22 AM

If it helps here are some screenshots. I have no problem clicking "Save Gift Options and Continue". But when I click "Use This Payment Method" that is what I get. It does appear they are rejecting my payment method, but that is not true either. Since I used my Gift Card balance to buy the two items individually with no problem. I'm also having some computer problems that could be contributing to the problem. I'm working on that now, but I kinda doubt that's what is causing this problem.

Old 03-13-2023, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I had an issue with certain things not qualifying for free shipping, and then I had to do the separate order workaround like you mentioned. It was weird and annoying at the time. That was about a month ago, and I haven't made a purchase w/ Amazon since, so I'm not sure if it's changed or if it was just those specific items for some reason...

I was using a debit card.
That sounds like it might be the same problem. Actually this was the first time I have ordered in a month. The problem could have started a month ago, for all I know.

Old 03-13-2023, 12:47 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,595,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Is anyone else having problems with their Amazon Shopping Cart? There seems to be some changes with the shopping cart for me. When I go to check out, it asks me for the gift option. It's not a gift, but I just click the "Save Gift Options And Continue" button anyway. Then it asks me for Payment Method. When I try to click "Use This Payment Method" the button is greyed out and I can't continue. I try checking and unchecking the payment method, but nothing works.

But I can use the Buy Now button with no problem. So it can't be a problem with my account. It's a bit of a problem because I can't combine items to get free shipping. As a work around I just bought one item over $25 which qualified for free shipping. Then I bought an under $25 item with free 24 hour shipping.

What a PITA. Is anyone else having this problem?
I'm not having trouble. I never click anything re gift options. If I stay away from that, it won't apply, is my understanding. (I thought the gift option was for the recipient...they wouldn't send the invoice with it or something, so recipient wouldn't know the price. But I don't know.)

Old 03-13-2023, 07:17 PM

6,592 posts, read 4,987,517 times
I placed an order yesterday and had to log out and back in again to get things to show up right. I had gone back to check the price on something and when I went back to the cart it my gift card balance was about $20 short. Thankfully it came back.

But today I've had a few weird online issues, not Amazon but I couldn't make a credit card payment nor renew a registration. Other things worked just fine.

Old 03-13-2023, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
I placed an order yesterday and had to log out and back in again to get things to show up right. I had gone back to check the price on something and when I went back to the cart it my gift card balance was about $20 short. Thankfully it came back.

But today I've had a few weird online issues, not Amazon but I couldn't make a credit card payment nor renew a registration. Other things worked just fine.
Thanks. That is my experience too. I'm noticing a lot of bugs and slowness on the website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products