Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2024, 07:40 AM

2,210 posts, read 1,127,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellc View Post
I already said it wasn't the biggest issue.

It was enough for you to come here and ***** about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2024, 04:58 PM

8,109 posts, read 4,780,115 times
Some stores have a routine of counting the tills and getting the paperwork done in that period right before opening. If they are running behind, the store might be late in opening, since all that financial info has to be signed off by a member of management before anything else can proceed.

The periods of time just before opening and just after close are very popular times for armed robberies. For this reason, they have to lock all the doors (and keep them locked) and limit (if not forbid) all traffic in and out of the store, even among employees, until the money is put away and the safe is closed up. if they're letting other employees in and out during this process, I'm willing to bet someone will be getting in trouble.

Old 06-06-2024, 08:04 PM

2,350 posts, read 1,200,307 times
The first post reminds me of a time I randomly stopped at a liquor store on a Sunday afternoon. There was a line of maybe 10 people waiting at the door! Found out you couldn't legally buy alcohol before noon on Sunday, some states have bizarre laws like this. I was with a friend and asked him what time it was, he said 12:04. Right at that moment one of the men in line started pounding on the door and yelling at them to open up. LOL

I guess when you need a drink, you need a drink!

Old Today, 07:57 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,182,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Managers open the doors when the store is ready for business. Maybe the manager got caught short, needing an extra minute or two in the facilities and was late getting to the front doors. You'll never know...
I want to know who are these people whose lives revolve around keeping track of such minutia? Why are they hanging around a parking lot before opening? That's enough time to grab a cuppa and chill.
We weren't "hanging around". I had just gotten off the night shift at work & was going there to get bottles of water for the day shift guys. We were out of it. I would usually head home and sleep. I don't know about the other guy.

I already said it wasn't the biggest issue of the day. Apparently you missed that.

Old Today, 05:15 PM

16,177 posts, read 21,333,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellc View Post
We weren't "hanging around". I had just gotten off the night shift at work & was going there to get bottles of water for the day shift guys. We were out of it. I would usually head home and sleep. I don't know about the other guy.

I already said it wasn't the biggest issue of the day. Apparently you missed that.
Didn't miss it at all, but ya know, the internet and all, no takebacks.

Old Today, 07:51 PM

2,350 posts, read 1,200,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Didn't miss it at all, but ya know, the internet and all, no takebacks.
Trudat. The OP will forever be known as the guy who was so annoyed about a supermarket opening their doors three minutes late that he was compelled to post a forum rant about it.

More than three minutes of his life has now been wasted creating and responding to this thread. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products