Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 06:17 AM

62,169 posts, read 88,071,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerbliss View Post
Can you have the packages delivered to your work? That's what I do.
Yup. Why not? I did it too...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 06:22 AM

48,713 posts, read 35,188,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
I lived in a remote bush town with no home delivery of anything for years. AK was also part of the problem. Many vendors don't ship to us at all by any method. I had to mail order a lot of stuff from Amazon and others. How to get around the PO Box problem varied with the vendor. A few things I learned:

When ordering through Amazon first check to see who will actually ship the item...Amazon or a vendor that makes sales through Amazon. What shipping method they'll use will differ. You may need to contact the vendor offering the product, NOT Amazon.

The postmaster at our tiny PO showed me a trick that seemed to work most of the time, though how to accomplish it depended a little on how the product order form address lines were arranged:

Line 1. Recipient name.
Line 2. Physical street address, comma followed immediately by the PO Box.
Line 3. Town, state, zip code.

It may be worth asking your local postmaster about it as well. There may be quirks in the regional delivery system.
The above worked for us, now no hassles. Well, aside from the fact that UPS and the USPS have some sort of agreement that results in the MAJORITY of packages going straight to the PO Box, instead of dropping them off at home.

Minor inconvenience, and I bring the USPS cookies every years to make up for all the stuff I order.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products