Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2024, 05:06 PM

7,362 posts, read 12,489,094 times

Advertisements

I ordered a new Whirlpool dishwasher from Costco, and I am confused about how the delivery and installation process works.
  • According to my order, delivery and installation will be two separate appointments. However, I called Costco and the rep said for my specific order it will be a single appointment. I am not sure which to believe.
  • Will I have to uninstall the old dishwasher myself? There seems to be conflicting information.

Could you please help me out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2024, 05:18 PM

22,862 posts, read 48,204,667 times
Website says this...
"Complex Installation Appliances (dishwashers, OTR microwaves and some gas appliances)
Delivery and complex installation will require two separate appointments.
Every effort will be made to have the appointments occur on the same day.
The complex installation contractor (not the delivery agent) will be responsible for the haul away of existing appliances.
Haul away at time of delivery is an option, only if the member uninstalls existing appliance and removes it from opening prior to the arrival of the delivery agent."

What does your particular order for your particular dishwasher say?
What terms did you agree to?

Old 06-17-2024, 09:47 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,256,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I ordered a new Whirlpool dishwasher from Costco, and I am confused about how the delivery and installation process works.
  • According to my order, delivery and installation will be two separate appointments. However, I called Costco and the rep said for my specific order it will be a single appointment. I am not sure which to believe.
  • Will I have to uninstall the old dishwasher myself? There seems to be conflicting information.

Could you please help me out?
We did not have to remove the old dishwasher prior to the installation of the new one. If I recall correctly, it was delivered a few days before the installer showed up.

Old 06-26-2024, 10:31 AM

I just got confirmation that delivery and installation will be a single appointment by a third party, despite what the original order says. It should be sometime midday tomorrow. I was told NOT to uninstall the old dishwasher.

Old Yesterday, 09:38 PM

Here is our new Whirlpool dishwasher, it looks great. I did a test run on the quick cycle and no leaks (sorry that the thumbnail is sideways, but is in the correct orientation when opened).
Attached Thumbnails
Costco dishwasher delivery/installation-20240627_124628.jpg  

Old Yesterday, 10:23 PM

62,494 posts, read 88,548,675 times
Not pink???

Old Today, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Not pink???
Nope, nor are my faucets. I know Samsung offers their Bespoke series refrigerators in pink, but I heard a lot of bad things about Samsung appliances (despite making good phones, tablets, and TVs), so I decided to steer clear. This is Whirlpool's fingerprint-resistant stainless steel.

My Samsung tablet (Tab S8+) is a rose gold color, and my Samsung phone (S23 Ultra) has a pink case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products