Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2009, 05:58 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,006,332 times

Advertisements

Im reviving this thread to add a new pet peeve. Dont come through the express checkout lane with more than the listed amount of items! If it says 10 items or less, that means 10, NOT 12, not 15. 10.

And dont write a check that takes forever in said express lane!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 06:46 AM

672 posts, read 2,105,806 times
Earlier in this thread, a lot of people wrote about customers on cell phones. I actually was a customer and the employee checking me out was on her cell phone. The conversation sounded like she was talking to family. I didn't say anything because I wanted to see if she would ever hang up without any prompting from me. Nope. Amazing. I make it a point to try not to use my cell phone in store period.

I hate other customers who leave restrooms filthy. If you made a mess, clean it up. Dang, it ain't that hard, lazy people.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:41 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,738,859 times
Come to the bag carousel and get your OWN bags.
This is not Kroger's where someone packs the grocery cart FOR you!!

Old 05-26-2009, 12:14 PM

1,492 posts, read 7,694,504 times
Don't ask the clerk "Do you have alot of cash in your drawer?"

I did this at Walmart and realized how silly it sounded- like in the old movies....gonna get robbed.
Was in the morning and I wanted alot of 'cash back'.... don't like to ask the touch pad for it if it's not in the drawer.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:08 PM

1,691 posts, read 3,840,016 times
Might I revamp your rant a wee bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
DO's

1. READ the sales ads carefully before you get to the checkout line! Sometimes those ads are item-specific. You need to read the fine print. Just because the bold print line in the ad says (for example) "General Mills Cereal 2 for 6.00" doesnt mean that the fine print doesnt specify certain types!

2. If you are shopping in a store that has shopping carts, PLEASE take them back into the store, or put them in a cart return at the very least!! Somebody has to go out and bring those carts in (which are heavy and hard to control in large numbers), and the less this has to be done, the happier the store clerks. Actually it is best for everyone concerned especially your cars. Run-away carts cause more car damage in lots... you might have finished your shopping but if it is known that you left your cart and it damaged someones car, you are liable for that damage. I have seen local court cases over just that thing... and some of those little dings in cars can be very pricy.

3. Tell someone immediately if there is some sort of mess or spill. Its surprising how many people will knock things over or break things and not tell anyone about it so someone can fix it.

4. Say "hello" or acknowledge the person waiting on you at least once. Sometimes I get a customer that says " Show me where such-in-such is" and wont say another word after that. No 'thank you' or anything. Yes, we ARE doing our jobs by showing you, but we arent robots. We like some acknowledgement too. Oh, and GET OFF YOUR CELL PHONE IF YOU ARE ASKING SOMEBODY FOR SOMETHING!!!!!

5. Remember that we're working to earn a living, just like you.

6. Please put items back where you found them if you have changed your mind or were just looking at it. If you prefer not to then please take it up to the front and hand it to the cashier when you check out. You are not creating a job for someone because you replace an item in the wrong spot you are creating more work for ONE person to do. It won't be job security if they can't get thier job done. Businesses are not over highering anymore. Please be kind and help out.

Dont's

1. Don't NOT scan the sales ad then get angry and insult a store employee because you picked up the wrong item. YOU are the one who didn't read it correctly, so why should the employee be the one to suffer your bad temper?

2. Don't habitually leave your cart between cars in the parking lot, then be the one to complain when one runs into and damages YOUR car.

3. Don't pass by a conversation between two employees, make assumptions as to what they are talking about, then report them to their manager.(This has happened on several occasions to others, and each time the conversation was on something else entirely)

This one has a but... if you hear a conversation that should not be spoken of around customers... then do report it. Lets face it customers do not need to hear about this weekends party plans. Conversations between employees while customers are about should only be business not personal and also should not be negative about the business.

4. DONT sneak up behind an employee while they are working and put a hand on their shoulder to catch their attention ( this is a pet peeve of mine. I HATE strangers touching me, and I hate even more when people come up behind me and do it). Instead, use a line such as "Excuse me, beg pardon, etc"

5. Dont forget that clerks are people too, not slaves or robots to do you every bidding.

6. If there IS a mess, DONT walk/run over it with your feet or shopping cart. Its bad for both parties( employee and customer...besides you might ruin your shoes!.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:36 PM

30 posts, read 143,469 times
dont they usually have a manual? http://www.picturehoster.org/storage/461.jpg (broken link)

Old 05-26-2009, 04:28 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,512,258 times
Things that annoy me when I see them? And now I'm only seeing them when I myself shop...

Cold foods just left on a shelf somewhere, like frozen peas left on a CANNED peas shelf...or heavy cream...on the other hand, I've seen milk and whipped cream (cans) left in the frozen food cooler. Neither one works. And that's something that customers would have to be doing. (Beef left on a shelf, out of sight, might start to smell bad after 8 hours, more so overnight.)
<br><br>On the workers' side...the easiest way to say this is that I KNOW it's not your fault. But some of you need more training for the job you're supposed to be doing. For some things, it might work better if you put yourselves in your customers' shoes. For example, fresh produce and canned food? Don't go together. Don't toss my ramens in with my frozen food. Just think a little.

Old 05-26-2009, 04:34 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,512,258 times
This is another peeve...but it's with management again, not with customers. WHY is the supply closet kept locked in some stores? This is where the mop buckets and mops are kept, as well as the cleaning supplies for the bathrooms--

Old 05-26-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
This is another peeve...but it's with management again, not with customers. WHY is the supply closet kept locked in some stores? This is where the mop buckets and mops are kept, as well as the cleaning supplies for the bathrooms--
one word theft.

Old 05-26-2009, 06:08 PM

My biggest pet peeve are shoppers who own the aisle... you know them, they take up the entire aisle with thier cart the stands feet away taking up the aisle at the other end. No one can get past. Drive me nuts!

We have a grocery sotre that loves to stock shelves during the day time when it is most crowded. No matter how you complain they still do it. Oh well it took us 25 years of complaining to put in cart corrals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products