Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 09:13 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,622,111 times

Advertisements

Even if I do see something on one of these infomercials that I'm interested in, I never buy it. I bide my time until it shows up in the stores. By then, I've usually decided that I don't want it after all, (which saves me money), or, if I do decide I want to try it, it's easy to take back if I don't like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 06:57 PM

1,095 posts, read 3,998,311 times
The only good product I've seen in infomercials is the Bose wave radio. I don't know if it's worth the money, but those are really nice, well made radios and CD players that you don't usually see in stores. And I have heard the Soloflex and Bowflex are well made, although overpriced. But all the Ronco stuff is just a joke.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:55 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,349,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naptowner View Post
The only good product I've seen in infomercials is the Bose wave radio. I don't know if it's worth the money, but those are really nice, well made radios and CD players that you don't usually see in stores. And I have heard the Soloflex and Bowflex are well made, although overpriced. But all the Ronco stuff is just a joke.
In college a boyfriend I had actually had a 10 year old Bose wave radio that was unbelievable.

I have wanted a Bose wave radio ever since but just haven't been willing to pay for it.

My husband has wanted a soloflex/bowflex for years but I refuse to buy $hit from TV because if I am going to pay a substantial amoutn of money for something, I want to be able to put it back in the box and bring it right back where it came from to return it if something goes wrong!

Old 10-01-2008, 04:04 AM

394 posts, read 1,007,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
In college a boyfriend I had actually had a 10 year old Bose wave radio that was unbelievable.

I have wanted a Bose wave radio ever since but just haven't been willing to pay for it.

My husband has wanted a soloflex/bowflex for years but I refuse to buy $hit from TV because if I am going to pay a substantial amoutn of money for something, I want to be able to put it back in the box and bring it right back where it came from to return it if something goes wrong!
that last paragraph is my point exactly. smart girl

Old 10-01-2008, 10:19 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,537,395 times
A couple of our local mall have "as seen on TV" stores. I usually go there if something on TV interests me.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:27 AM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post

Amen on Bose stuff. After years with a bare bones audio system in my cars...I got a new car that came with a Bose system. OMG the quality is just unreal.

P.S. Bose, was (maybe still is) a professor at MIT and was a pioneer in such things as stop motion photgraphy, strobe lights and a bunch of other stuff. Google the guy, he's amazing.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:02 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
I don't really watch TV so I don't have to worry about buying anything.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:39 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,812,715 times
There are a couple of products I liked that I saw on infomercials, but I waited for them to be reviewed and to come out in the stores before I went and bought them. Every once in a blue moon there are some products that actually live up (or close enough to) their hype.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:02 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
We have bought a quite a few, "As Seen on TV" items in local stores. I wouldn't pay the shipping charges. I really like the "Hi-Def Sunglasses" The visor clip was worth the cost of the sunglasses.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:44 PM

1,731 posts, read 4,683,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
We have bought a quite a few, "As Seen on TV" items in local stores. I wouldn't pay the shipping charges. I really like the "Hi-Def Sunglasses" The visor clip was worth the cost of the sunglasses.
Hee. I was just going to post about how much of a ripoff those glasses are. The night vision is the exact same as the day vision which make everything look green. Glad you like yours though. I do like the visor clip but the glasses are headed for the trash can. And with that they will be the last thing I ever buy from an infomercial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products