Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 09:30 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,401,498 times

Advertisements

Nancy,
No, the Bissell just uses tap water (no distilled). With the Swiffer you have to buy their cleaner and there is no way you can refill the container with anything else. I do love my Swiffer vacuum, it's my favorite for hard surface floors.
CB, I can't believe LNT is going out of business either. Guess I'll have to go more often now to Bed Bath & Beyond. Went to my local LNT yesterday, still a lot of stuff but in my opinion not many bargains yet. You could have got the same discount with the coupons before (they are not accepting coupons).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 10:03 AM

403 posts, read 1,321,574 times
We have a Deluxe Steam Mop that we bought at a fair in New England. I don't think you can buy it online so I can't really refer you to this product in particular, but I do like the steam mops. This one works wonderfully. We have used it on tile and hardwood so far. It does do a great job cleaning the grout in between the tiles too. Supposedly you can use it on carpets too, but I tried and it doesn't clean at all. I'm sure it works to disinfect the carpet so it's probably helpful for small children.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:14 PM

862 posts, read 1,638,222 times
I have a Scuncii steamer that came with floor attachments. LOVE it for floors!!!!! Don't use the steamer besides on the floors. My only complaint is it only came with one pad and I can't find anywhere to buy more.

With steamers you must sweep the floor first. If not it will just move the dirt around.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:47 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,221,291 times
We have the Bissell Green Tea as well...and it gets a workout with 7 dogs running through the house all the time! I love it - the one caveat being that it isn't great for corners (but what is?) I got it somewhere online, just googled it...don't buy the first ad you see or you'll pay WAY too much, the prices are all over the board. The other complaint I'd have with it is that it doesn't have an on/off switch, so when you get to the other end of the room you have to walk over your just-cleaned floors to unplug it. Get extra head covers. Lots of them. You'll use your steam mop more than you think and the junk it pulls off the floor is icky.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:02 PM

822 posts, read 2,994,226 times
I have a Shark steam mop. It was the pricier of the two that they had at the store. I really love it - I know I've read people have problems, but I have never had problems and find it amazing. I've had it about 4 months. I previously used a Swifter, which I liked, but this gives me a much greater feeling of cleanness.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:56 AM

1,192 posts, read 2,469,114 times
I have the purple Shark steam mop, and I like it for my ceramic tile floors. I mix a cleaning product (OdoBan because I like the smell) in with the water. My only complaints are the cord is a little short and the water holder isn't large enough. I guess you have to give up a large water holder though to get the lightweight, easy-to-maneuver effect, which is one of its greatest features. It truly is easier to push around than a regular mop.

On the flip side, I told my s-i-l about it, and she went out and bought one too. As was mentioned earlier, she said it left a hazy look on her laminate wood floors and took it back.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:11 PM

3 posts, read 13,187 times
I've tried the Shark and Bissell, but after some further research picked up one called the Steamboy. It's a lesser know brand, but it seems to have gotten some good reviews. I mentioned in another forum that all of the floor mops out there aren't really "steam" cleaners. They have a hot plate that hot water is shot into, which creates the steam. A real steam cleaner starts around $150 and goes up and up from there. QVC has cheaper model, and a company called 1800govapor.com offers some expensive Italian-made ones.

Bottom line is a steam mop is a replacement for your mop. It’s no miracle machine, but it will clean your floors equally, if not better than a mop and bucket.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:46 AM

1 posts, read 2,726 times
Default Shark Steamer

My shark died after a year of use which was disappointing. I love steam cleaning, but I am on the hunt for a well made steamer that will last for years. I would rather pay twice the amount and have it last years.

Old 03-14-2010, 01:54 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,792,706 times
I bought a Eureka Enviro steamer based on a review on Amazon. The writer and her neighbors got together and compared 7 steamers in their own homes.
I'm quite happy with mine.

Old 03-14-2010, 02:54 PM

4,271 posts, read 15,222,212 times
The Swifter is just a spray with pad that cleans it up. It works for "little things".

I wonder if anyone has used the Hahn? I don't know if I spelled it correctly but I saw an infomercial a while back ago. Got me curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products