Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 09:07 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,473,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UW Badgers View Post
I didn't realize that shopping cart theft is such a big issue. Then again, I live in the most assbackward city ever(only been here 4 years).

I have never ever heard of anything like this. I actually find myself chuckling reading this thread. I'm trying to picture the above description and I don't even know if I understand the whole thing..
Yes I can relate to being in a bass ackward city myself...
As for the 'jails',well they're at the Pathmark store on Oregon Ave here and maybe some others...I try to avoid shopping in the city itself but I'll try and grab a pic next time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 09:38 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,416,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Yes I can relate to being in a bass ackward city myself...
As for the 'jails',well they're at the Pathmark store on Oregon Ave here and maybe some others...I try to avoid shopping in the city itself but I'll try and grab a pic next time
I use to live in the area your talking about. It was Acme at the time (don't know if they're still there). I remember when my kids were young I would have to take them to the car first, leave my grocery bags in the cart because you couldn't take the cart to the car then go back with the car to load up the car and hopefully no one "stole" any of your bags How I hated shopping there Oh, and forgot to mention the creepy guys that would stand by your cart and as soon as you pulled up they wanted to help you load the car so you could tip them

Old 12-03-2008, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella52 View Post
I use to live in the area your talking about. It was Acme at the time (don't know if they're still there). I remember when my kids were young I would have to take them to the car first, leave my grocery bags in the cart because you couldn't take the cart to the car then go back with the car to load up the car and hopefully no one "stole" any of your bags How I hated shopping there Oh, and forgot to mention the creepy guys that would stand by your cart and as soon as you pulled up they wanted to help you load the car so you could tip them
Right,so you can imagine having to live through stuff that every day for years,it gets tiring it really does.
Anyway as for the 'creepy guys' standing around,that's pretty much all it is around here and when I was at another store here recently I had bums approaching me in the parking lot while I was trying to unload my groceries...very unnerving considering all the wacky crime that happens here every day.

Old 12-03-2008, 11:54 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,416,466 times
Quote:
Right,so you can imagine having to live through stuff that every day for years,it gets tiring it really does.
Anyway as for the 'creepy guys' standing around,that's pretty much all it is around here and when I was at another store here recently I had bums approaching me in the parking lot while I was trying to unload my groceries...very unnerving considering all the wacky crime that happens here every day.
I didn't know though that you still couldn't take the carts to the car I do still go back (born and raised) to visit family but I don't go to the supermarkets. There are too many local Mom & Pop stores that I love to go to

Ohhh. do I miss the soft pretzels, water ice, cheesesteaks, tastykakes, pastries, pizza..........I could go on and on but I'm getting hungry

Old 12-03-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella52 View Post
I didn't know though that you still couldn't take the carts to the car I do still go back (born and raised) to visit family but I don't go to the supermarkets. There are too many local Mom & Pop stores that I love to go to

Ohhh. do I miss the soft pretzels, water ice, cheesesteaks, tastykakes, pastries, pizza..........I could go on and on but I'm getting hungry
You can keep all that,I'd rather be in a clean safe place

Anyway the latter I was referring to was at the Pathmark here in northeast...we moved from the other one in south Philly a couple years ago and at this one you can take the carts out to the parking lot. There's probably more criminals there that's why. Although if there's gonna be solicitors in the parking lot I'd rather be closer to the store...less chance of getting carjacked

Old 12-03-2008, 12:29 PM

1,720 posts, read 6,727,481 times
In L.A. they should run their ID and determine if they are here legally or not. If not, then deport.

Old 12-03-2008, 04:58 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,186,749 times
Hey StuckPA today we went to our local meat market in our little country town bought a couple of things. One of the guys carried my one bag & gallon of milk to my van because there was a little snow on the sidewalk and street. I thought of you and this thread so I shared it with him. His response "boy I sure couldn't live like that".

Old 12-03-2008, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Hey StuckPA today we went to our local meat market in our little country town bought a couple of things. One of the guys carried my one bag & gallon of milk to my van because there was a little snow on the sidewalk and street. I thought of you and this thread so I shared it with him. His response "boy I sure couldn't live like that".
lol...are you trying to rub in the little country town thing?

Old 12-03-2008, 07:35 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,186,749 times
Quote:
lol...are you trying to rub in the little country town thing?
Aw shucks not little ole me StuckPa! If I was rubbing it in I would have told you I left the keys in the van while I went into the store.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Aw shucks not little ole me StuckPa! If I was rubbing it in I would have told you I left the keys in the van while I went into the store.
Ey I might be in the city but I refuse to become a city slicker! After all that's one of the things I fight against here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products