Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 09:28 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,060 times

Advertisements

I made a prediction they would sue the first I heard of this story. I think the whole black Friday pandemonium has gotten out of hand and I don't partake. I hope this example of tragedy will make stores reevaluate how they will promote these sales.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:26 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,407,960 times
How can you blame anybody else other than the people stamedeing ?
Do we all need to walk around in bubble wrap incase we hurt ourselves ?
What ist he world coming to that we are willing to stampede and hurt, and even kill people to save a few dollars for Christmas. I know its impossible, but I think from video evidence the people who stampede should be rounded up and charged. I have never once thought I need to get into a Sale so bad I am gonna knock that fool two steps above me over to get to it.

What a horrible, greedy place the world is becoming.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:32 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,860,945 times
Were police present??? Was walmart required by law to hire police to control the crowd due to the number of people waiting ???

Old 12-08-2008, 10:42 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
Over the weekend I watched an episode of "The Smoking Gun - World's Dumbest Shoppers" that I had tivo'd and they had a whole bunch of Black Friday videos where people were being trampled and stuff. I honestly don't understand why the stores hold these kinds of events. These are just lawsuits waiting to happen - and all for nothing!

Old 12-08-2008, 10:46 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe moving View Post
Were police present??? Was walmart required by law to hire police to control the crowd due to the number of people waiting ???
I believe it has been determined they didn't have enough security present among other variables. I predict this lawsuit will change the way Walmart handles these sales. They will settle if they are smart.

Old 02-03-2009, 11:11 PM

643 posts, read 1,393,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Common sense would indicate that handing unusually hot coffee (and MacDonalds coffee was unusually hot) through a window to people in cars entails some risks. Like I said, you want the profit you take the liability. I'm sure MacDonalds is way ahead on the drive up deal.
so should they serve coffee cold? wtf. coffee burn wont kill u. i spilled some all over my chest one morning and it burned till i took off the shirt and it scalded me. my mistake. should i sue folgers? y'all are way to sue happy

Old 02-04-2009, 05:42 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,540,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpresley View Post
so should they serve coffee cold? wtf. coffee burn wont kill u. i spilled some all over my chest one morning and it burned till i took off the shirt and it scalded me. my mistake. should i sue folgers? y'all are way to sue happy
Be careful there, matt! Somebody in here may get upset that you called them sue happy and sue you!! lol

Old 02-04-2009, 01:09 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,416,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
How can you blame anybody else other than the people stamedeing ?
Do we all need to walk around in bubble wrap incase we hurt ourselves ?
What ist he world coming to that we are willing to stampede and hurt, and even kill people to save a few dollars for Christmas. I know its impossible, but I think from video evidence the people who stampede should be rounded up and charged. I have never once thought I need to get into a Sale so bad I am gonna knock that fool two steps above me over to get to it.

What a horrible, greedy place the world is becoming.
My thoughts exactly They have these people on video, charge them with manslaughter.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:33 PM

643 posts, read 1,393,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
Be careful there, matt! Somebody in here may get upset that you called them sue happy and sue you!! lol
Well I'd like to see them try. I have a thing called integrity which no longer exists in this country. sue me and i resort to violence to give you a real reason

Last edited by mattpresley; 02-04-2009 at 07:42 PM.. Reason: Just perfecting

Old 02-08-2009, 09:51 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,186,749 times
Wal Mart is to blame for holding such crazy sale deals for a limited time drawing such a large crowd, but the mob trampling the worker is who should be on criminal trial. If retailers would stop this ridiculous practice there would be no mobs. If citizens would stop being materialistic minded this kind of thing would stop.

Sad thing is everyday a worker is killed on some job most families are lucky to get a floral arrangement at their funeral. Then you have families like this one taking it to the courts. Entitlement thinking.

Before I get slammed yes it is a terrible thing that happened I am sorry for the family's loss and circumstances behind it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products