Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 08:12 PM

2,679 posts, read 11,731,195 times

Advertisements

Amazon is my primary since shipping is free, they carry everything from food to electronics to books to clothing and MP3 downloads. Since I am on the Amazon Vine Program, I also get free things related to what I buy.

Walmart, Barnes and Noble come in a very distant 2nd and 3rd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 09:30 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Ebay is turning into a freak show of shysters and crooks, it really needs to be shut down. Granted the concept was great, and early on it was great, but the con artists to just out and out crooks have ruined it.

Amazon.com is often where I end up, as they now directly sell or front for valid sellers and very often have the best price.

Old 04-05-2009, 06:56 PM

517 posts, read 1,963,632 times
Default Don't Buy Online Without Checking These First!

I never buy online without checking www.flamingoworld.com or www.wow-coupons.com first. They have coupon codes for so many retailers. Wow coupons even has printable ones for some stores. There are coupon codes for free shipping, flat rate shipping, percentage off and dollars off for a really wide range of stores. Why pay more than you have to?

Old 04-08-2009, 05:32 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,138,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicadang View Post
hey what's up guys, I'm pretty new here so I was wondering on which online website do you shop most, personally I use amazon.com what about u?
I do alot of different ones but ebay.com more then others and the prices are usually MUCH BETTER then amazon.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:17 PM

563 posts, read 2,569,402 times
I do a lot of my shopping online. I also cannot give you a detailed list of stores because it depends on what I am looking for but I do all the research and cross reference and then make the purchase. Most recently has been electronic and computer and gadgets. Places like Crucial technology, Newegg, Ebatts, Red Octane. I also purchased my thank yous for my wedding after uploading pictures through Kodak Gallery. I always also search for codes to get more off. Like recently, my most recent purchase was a new guitar hero game that came out. I ordered from Red Octane and it had free shipping. I also used a code for 20 bucks off. I got a bundle cheaper than if I bought separately from Amazon or even a store. Other than the occasional tv purchase or something like that where I need to see the item first, I cannot remember the last time I was in a store to make an electronics/tech purchase.

I also have to mention this to all of my City-Data friends and online shoppers because I haven't seen it mentioned. The site is called Ebates. Check out Rebates, Cash Back, Discount Coupons, Online Coupons

This site has links to all online stores and the coupon deals out there, as well as cash back for online purchases. The cash back amount changes based on the stores you shop at but it appears some of the more obscure ones have the bigger returns. The concept is simple. Register, Click on Links through their website, desired store's online site opens, you shop and Ebates gives you cash back on your purchase. Four times a year you get a paper check emailed to you. Thats it. You are basically paid to shop. I have used them from everything to ordering flowers from 1800 flowers, to my most recent purchase. Check it out, I think its a good deal.

Old 04-10-2009, 02:16 PM

620 posts, read 1,771,819 times
Does anyone know if Amazon shipping charges have gone up? I wouldn't call myself a regular customer by any means, but I could've sworn that the shipping used to be $2.98. I was looking at some of their books last night and now the shipping is $3.99? I mainly used the site for DVDs, so I'm wondering if the shipping has always been $3.99 for books.

Old 04-10-2009, 02:34 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,610,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Samadhi View Post
Does anyone know if Amazon shipping charges have gone up? I wouldn't call myself a regular customer by any means, but I could've sworn that the shipping used to be $2.98. I was looking at some of their books last night and now the shipping is $3.99? I mainly used the site for DVDs, so I'm wondering if the shipping has always been $3.99 for books.
I always get free shipping on things like books and dvds with Amazon. It wouldn't surprise me if they have increased shipping you pay for it since the USPS and UPS have dramatically increased their rates. For all of my orders, the minimum for shipping seems to be $4.99, but I get it for free and wait longer.

Old 04-10-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
I always get free shipping on things like books and dvds with Amazon. It wouldn't surprise me if they have increased shipping you pay for it since the USPS and UPS have dramatically increased their rates. For all of my orders, the minimum for shipping seems to be $4.99, but I get it for free and wait longer.
Thanks! I may have to look into the free shipping. That would be great, even if I had to wait longer!

Old 04-10-2009, 03:48 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
I rarely purchase anything if free shipping isn't included. Target.com has been a favorite of mine recently. If you go to the clearance section you can get stuff for soooo cheap. I recently bought at least 10 shirts, 4 pairs of shoes, a dog bed and a bunch of misc and spent less than $60 with free shipping!

Old 04-10-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I rarely purchase anything if free shipping isn't included. Target.com has been a favorite of mine recently. If you go to the clearance section you can get stuff for soooo cheap. I recently bought at least 10 shirts, 4 pairs of shoes, a dog bed and a bunch of misc and spent less than $60 with free shipping!
Thanks. I didn't know that Target offered free shipping. I've been looking for sites that offer that and, so far, I've come across Zappos, but not much else. And maybe it's just me, but it seems like the item prices are such that if you pay less somewhere else plus shipping, it all equals out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products