Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 11:20 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,623,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
There are an awful lot of people who think the grocery bags on the floor is no big deal. Think about this: You don't know who has walked on that particular section of the floor since it was last cleaned. You don't know what any of those people may have walked in while wearing those shoes that have been on that part of the floor.

Say someone walked in their barn, then went to the store? How long do you think the bacteria, worm larvae, etc. live before they die on a not so hospitable surface?

Say someone stepped in pet feces and wiped the shoe off in the grass.

Say someone toed the carcass of an animal that was covered with maggots.

Why do most people take off their shoes when entering their homes?

Whatever is on the bottoms of the shoes EVERYBODY has on is what is on the floor of a busy store until that floor is properly cleaned.

Now, put your bag of groceries on that floor. Let it pick up whatever is there to pick up. Stack those same bags in the trunk of your car where the bottoms of those bags is in direct contact with the wrappers or packaging of your food that you will get home and put in the refrigerator or cupboard.

See where this is going? I have no objections to germs, but I'd rather be the one who chooses what germs are in my house. I'd rather know that my food is not contaminated with who knows what while it sits in my refrigerator or cupboard.

Food bags should NEVER be placed on the floor of a store.
I would thnik that the floor are liitle different than the surfaces that you set the bags on in your car really. That is the purpose of the bag in the first place ;not just to carry them easily.Paperbags in fact should never be keep in your house as roaches like to lay eggs in the seams where glued. Persoanlly the counters ;displaces and the cart itself are much more of a worry about direct food contact than inside thsoe bags even on a floor.One reason i like to wipe cartons with a wash cloth rungout in a light beach/water before plcing in the ice box.All friuts ansd veggies washed before storing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 02:50 PM

522 posts, read 712,827 times
Try being a cashier for a day. Then complain. We have to be treated whichever way the wind blows dictated by your moods. Have some empathy.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:00 PM

1 posts, read 754 times
I work at weis markets grocery store as a cashier. We scan, bag, and lean over a counter to put groceries into the carts. Rarely does a customer help you put the bags in or lift heavy items like boxed sodas and dog food into the cart. After an 8 hour shift my back and upper shoulders really hurt. I think only once have I had anyone bag their own groceries. I keep telling myself its only a temporary job til I'm done with college but it gets harder each day.

Old 08-08-2011, 08:08 PM

8,806 posts, read 21,226,157 times
I think I have said this before, but if you would the book Nickle and Dimed : On (not) Getting by in America , you would never again make a complaint about someone who works in a store like Walmart. A truly heartbreaking book & one which is even more applicable these days.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Last edited by nancy thereader; 08-11-2011 at 11:50 AM..

Old 08-08-2011, 08:50 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,623,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
I do have back issues but that isn't the point. I buy from the store which means my money supports the store. I should think my bags shouldn't have been put on the floor. Walmart called me and they said that wasn't right. In fact I have kids who work in retail and said at their store the girl would have been fired. Customer services anyone remenber that. It that something that makes people shop with you again. I have no issue putting my bags in the cart but I 'm not picking them off the floor because the girl couldn't wait. I have been in this store where the cashier has a phone thing in their ear talking, I have had people check me out while eating grapes. This is a store not a GARAGE SALE.
Face it in retail mantimes when they can't make change without the register the amount ;your not dealingwith the shapest knifes in the draw now days.Now days one has to watch because many think showing up is workin now days

Old 08-10-2011, 06:20 PM

26,689 posts, read 41,601,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
I think I have said this before, but if you would the book Nickle and Dimed : On (not) Getting by in America , you would never again make a complaint about somneone who works in a store like Walmart. A truly heartbreaking book & one which is even more applicable these days.
I've had a real life experience like this. If you think working at a low-paying retail is bad enough, try working this job in an area of rich and super upper class folks. I worked at a Safeway in a rich area of Alexandria, VA during my senior year of HS. A lot of our employees made p&^#-poor wages and spent most of the day taking orders and BS off of rich folks with some of the snootiest attitudes on the East Coast. That was a rough school year. I was so happy when I fulfilled my hourly requirement for the school co-op and I put in my notice.

Old 10-13-2011, 04:48 PM

1 posts, read 645 times
am a cashier at walmart and i know that this sounds really bad, but hey with all the respect in the world if you know you going to fill the belt plus the bags are all full why not get a basket before you even get on the line sometimes we cashier's feel like all the costumers want us to put their bags in the car we were hire to chekout we are not bagger's. like when y'all costumers put the water, sodas and etc in the belt y'all dont think about us some of us are pregnant... btw it should be like england the costumer should bag their own stuff... so idk why complaint just wish the costumer's were working in walmart for a month...
we are humans too!!
that's just a dumb complaint that girl eat and have food because of her work. thank you very much..

Old 10-14-2011, 04:37 PM

15,126 posts, read 27,639,089 times
What?????????

Old 04-10-2014, 10:10 PM

1 posts, read 401 times
Worst sevice ever, rude, nasty, agressive management. WalMart is an embarassment to any town they choose to degrade of lower prices on cheap junk stuff. Just say no to, lower prices and arrogant staff and management.

The so called manager came out 10 minutes after the front end gal called him. You could hear the chit chat a giggling on their radio, Then the chap challanges me over calling him a name ???? Try Childish. I just spent 500.00 there today and needed help loading and clafification on confusing Advert. The fellow told me to get out, without my merchandise, and called some loss prevention guy. What a fieasco, I will call 911 the next time I get pushed around like that. My wife was appaled but laughed a lot. I'm not laughing and will go to BBB Chamber of Commerce, and fair advertising agency. Walmart is so far an embarassment to the fair city of Escondido CA. I we do not wish to compromise, our standards, and dignity in for lower prices or lower wages.

Ray Unseitig
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products