Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 03:56 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,030,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
But the kid didn't lick their butt and then give you a slobbery smooch.
And you know this how?? Kid could be flexible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 04:56 PM

1,691 posts, read 3,850,740 times
Harmful dog germs are usually harmless for humans, unless we're talking about rabies, a disease that affects dogs and people in equally damaging ways. But generally, humans are immune to most dog germs. Likewise, human germs probably won't harm a dog. But human germs can harm humans, of course. So a bite from a human mouth full of harmful bacteria may very well be more damaging than a dog bite, even if the dog's mouth is full of harmful dog germs. Dog Mouth vs. Human Mouth

this is a great news report. Video Library - cbs4denver.com

Old 06-14-2009, 04:05 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,939,033 times
I didn't read through all of the comments but I don't mind pets in stores. I just don't want them near me. Most major stores, except pet stores, have policies against it. I don't want someone's dog rubbing up against me, salivating on me, sniffing me or any variation of the aforementioned. I think it's downright obnoxious for people to bring their animals into Target, CVS, Bed Bath and Beyond, etc. You can't leave children home alone but you can leave your pets. I truly can't understand the reasoning behind shopping with a pet. I've seen people who take their dogs for walks and then stop into a CVS for a few minutes- but then there's the other type: the ones who do it on a regular basis (complete with the specially outfitted pet stroller).

Old 06-14-2009, 04:06 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,939,033 times
Don't forget that most people aren't allergic to people. Many people are allergic to pets.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:48 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,163,378 times
I've never had a dog come near me in a store. If I wanted contact with any dog I've seen in a store, I had to go to it.
I'm allergic to perfumes and colognes but nothing protects my rights bout that and probably never will. So in a way that makes me allergic to people. At least allergic to people wearing the poison.
I hate when someone's kid runs into me because they are running crazy through stores; up and down aisles. I hate when the kids in the toy dept are bouncing balls and swinging bats around. Dogs won't be doing that-ever.
What's wrong with a dog stroller? Pretty much guarantees the dog won't be jumping on you. I have a doggie sling that my little one rides in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
I didn't read through all of the comments but I don't mind pets in stores. I just don't want them near me. Most major stores, except pet stores, have policies against it. I don't want someone's dog rubbing up against me, salivating on me, sniffing me or any variation of the aforementioned. I think it's downright obnoxious for people to bring their animals into Target, CVS, Bed Bath and Beyond, etc. You can't leave children home alone but you can leave your pets. I truly can't understand the reasoning behind shopping with a pet. I've seen people who take their dogs for walks and then stop into a CVS for a few minutes- but then there's the other type: the ones who do it on a regular basis (complete with the specially outfitted pet stroller).

Old 06-17-2009, 06:40 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
Another example of people humanizing their pets. Your pets do NOT have equal rights to humans. Most pets are only as loyal as their next meal. I can't wait for the day someone's dog does their business in aisle three and someone steps, slides and falls in it and then sues the market. It'll happen one day, mark my words. The only people who should be bringing their dogs into a store are the blind.

I also agree with Dreamweavin, parents need to control their kids in stores too. I have kids and I never let them run wild in a store like I see some parents allow. You're children aren't your friends, take the upper hand and control them!

Old 06-17-2009, 03:59 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,696,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
Don't forget that most people aren't allergic to people. Many people are allergic to pets.
You have not smelled my customers Holy Peanut Butter!!!!

Old 02-07-2010, 12:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,171 times
In regards to Tama from page 8, I wanted to just reply to one of your quotes, "I would not want dogs in food stores" I wanted to just say that I disagree with this statement because I feel that if dogs are in an enclosed carrier then they should be allowed in. I’m not saying I would bring mine in, however I do own a dog stroller and there are many times that we are out for a walk and I remember that I need something from the store, so being able to put the dogs in the stroller, zip it closed that way they can’t get out, and going into the store should be an option that I have. Instead I have to drop the dogs off at home when I’m finished walking them, then get in my car and drive back to the store that I was just in front of that way I can purchase the items I needed. There are many times where people are dirtier than dogs, and yet they get to go in and touch all the food that I want to grab. But they are still allowed in. All I’m saying is that if dogs are in a closed container, then they should be allowed to enter any store, regardless of what that store sells.

Old 02-09-2010, 02:18 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Many people do not live "in town"
A few years ago there was a woman in Venus, FL who had more dogs than that even. I believe she was charged with animal cruelty because of the conditions those dogs lived in.

It's a sickness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products