U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2009, 01:06 PM

2 posts, read 3,100 times

Advertisements

My mom will be celebrating her 55th birthday in a few weeks. My siblings have given me the task of buying her a personalized birthday gift from all of us, with our budget being around $100-200.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 02:09 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,170,752 times
What does she like to do? Maybe a gift certificate for a nice dinner or one for a spa?

Old 05-21-2009, 10:04 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,467,213 times
A special weekend at a lovely B&B by some river?

A family portait?

A well planned family album?

My mom always said if she has to dust, feed or cleanup after it she doesn't want it. So how about a years worth of maid service?

Old 05-21-2009, 11:16 PM

1,747 posts, read 2,725,876 times
$200 will barely buy a week's worth of cleaning services, let alone a full year. Lovely idea but it'll cost far more than $200.

If you know the salon she frequents (or would like to frequent), a gift cert from there would be nice. If she has an IPod, how about a gift cert for music? Or set her up with a Netflix account? You could get at least 6 months on the budget you're talking about.

I'm not big on jewelry as a gift (simply because i don't wear a lot of jewelry) but if she is AND if you know her style and taste, how about a nice pair of earrings or a bracelet or necklace?

Old 05-22-2009, 08:04 AM

12,054 posts, read 20,608,306 times
Since I am near that age, I can give you some suggestions: A gift certificate for a massage or a spa day; a gift certificate to her hair salon or manicurist; an I-Pod that has music that you have already put on it for her; a basket filled with reading materials such as a new book from a favorite author and add specialty tea/coffee and things that would go along with reading; a night at a bed and breakfast.

Old 05-22-2009, 04:23 PM

2 posts, read 3,100 times
Thanks everyone!

Yep, so far we've made an appointment at a Spa and reservation at her favorite restaurant.

My sisters and I are also going to be creating a book for her at CelebrateAHero.com - which lets you invite anyone to add comments, photos, wishes, etc. and then have them print, bind, and send it to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products