U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2009, 08:13 PM

1,804 posts, read 6,390,142 times

Advertisements

Ok, for anyone who followed my initial thread about my dismay with my local B & N and the removal of the "comfy chairs". I just came back from Augusta, Ga. I am happy to report that the Augusta mall location of B & N still has comfy chairs.

I NEVER, I repeat never have enjoyed such an expreience in the bookstore. Though I always do typically buy something, today, I did not. Had some extra time while being out of town at my kid's track meet. I settled into to one of the comfy chairs, as did my husband and son with minimal thought of vomit or any of the other horrible bodily fluids that people mentioned before, nor did I think too hard about fleas. I had not one, but two books that I had no intention on buying, and relaxed for several minutes.

Not only was it super comfortable, but a very friendly sales clerk came by with a silver tray full of samples of cookies, take my pick; peanut butter, sugar, or something else AND frappachinos with whipped cream and drizzled caramel, I was in heaven!!! And more than likely will buy something soon at my non-chair having B & N here back home!! B & N management take notice please!! Bring back the chairs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 08:19 PM

22,136 posts, read 23,736,419 times
After following that last thread, I wouldn't sit in those chairs no matter what they offered me in the way of goodies.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:42 PM

1,804 posts, read 6,390,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
After following that last thread, I wouldn't sit in those chairs no matter what they offered me in the way of goodies.
Laughing!! The chairs were perfect, and I absolutely will not dwell on the, how shall we say, "unseemly side"!! I actually laid my head back upon the cushion. I know, I know.. It won't be so funny if I get "the cooties".

Old 06-14-2009, 08:44 PM

22,136 posts, read 23,736,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhousegirl View Post
Laughing!! The chairs were perfect, and I absolutely will not dwell on the, how shall we say, "unseemly side"!! I actually laid my head back upon the cushion. I know, I know.. It won't be so funny if I get "the cooties".
You are a braver woman than I!
I would take the treat, purchase the book or magazine then go home and get comfy in my own CLEAN, unadulterated chairs. Thank you very much....

Old 06-15-2009, 07:37 PM

10,613 posts, read 10,372,654 times
Quote:
Amen to that.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:49 PM

6,021 posts, read 13,748,416 times
Quote:
amen! when in public, I'll stick to the hard wooden chairs, TYVM! nothing upholstered for me!

Old 06-18-2009, 07:33 PM

10,613 posts, read 10,372,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
amen! when in public, I'll stick to the hard wooden chairs, TYVM! nothing upholstered for me!
I'll only sit on one of those metal beds like they have at the veterinarian's office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products