Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 04:28 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,997,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Well, if you're going to make a claim, at least back it up. That's all I'm asking. I want to read the same thing that you read, and I want to study the source, as well.
You go on a rant, providing only a single, inaccurate 3 year old article to support your claim and then complain because I don't provide a source

http://casaa.org/uploads/Are_Electro...ettes_Safe.pdf
National Vapers Club - Meeting Place for lovers of e-cigarettes, personal vaporizers and all things "fog" producing!
The safety of propylene glycol (PG) when inhaled through an electronic cigarette. Studies on the effect of the inhalation of propylene glycol through a personal vaporizer.

Pay special attention to the 3rd paragraph of the first link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2014, 04:56 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
News reports of some e-cigarettes exploding in mouths causing severe damage and a few cases of house and cars burned down from exploding e-cigarettes.
You can google the many stories.
In that respect.....cell phones are just as dangerous.

Seen At 11: Exploding Cell Phones Pose A Serious Danger « CBS New York

Edit: Ooops, just noticed NHDave's post. Sorry for the repeat.

Old 02-24-2014, 05:28 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
News reports of some e-cigarettes exploding in mouths causing severe damage and a few cases of house and cars burned down from exploding e-cigarettes.
You can google the many stories.
What do you think you'll find if you Google house fires and/or fatalities in house fires where a smoldering cigarette was the cause?

■ Smoking is the leading cause of fatal residential building fires (19 percent).
http://www.usfa.fema.gov/downloads/p...tics/v11i2.pdf
[SIZE=1][/SIZE]

Old 02-24-2014, 08:26 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Hmmm. From what I've read, you're still smoking chemicals in e-cigs.

Diethylene Glycol, an anti-freeze component.

Tetramethylpyrazine. Prolonged exposure can result in brain damage in human beings.
The vast majority of juices on the market are made from propylene glycol (food grade), vegetable glycerin (food grade) and flavorings (food grade). That's it. Some will thin out the juice with a little water or grain alcohol. The flavorings are typically extracts diluted in propylene glycol.

What brands have you seen with the ingredients in your post above, or where did you get that information?

Old 02-24-2014, 07:41 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
A rant? Why are you so sensitive about e-cigarettes? I was asking a legitimate question, and you think it's a rant? That's awfully telling about just how sure you are about their safety.

Interesting.

Not a single one of those links is worthwhile. Of course the vaping links are going to promote e-cigarettes. Casaa...hmmm:

Quote:
CASAA formed in 2009 by members of an online forum as an advocacy group to raise awareness and protect our right to access reduced harm alternatives.
People from a forum...and I'm supposed to take that as scientific evidence?

Old 02-24-2014, 07:42 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
The vast majority of juices on the market are made from propylene glycol (food grade), vegetable glycerin (food grade) and flavorings (food grade). That's it. Some will thin out the juice with a little water or grain alcohol. The flavorings are typically extracts diluted in propylene glycol.

What brands have you seen with the ingredients in your post above, or where did you get that information?
I provided a link. Did you not see it?

Here's another one:

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/Cons.../ucm225210.htm

http://www.loyolamedicine.org/newswi...la-doctor-says

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 02-24-2014 at 07:57 PM..

Old 02-25-2014, 07:02 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,997,495 times
Quote:
People from a forum...and I'm supposed to take that as scientific evidence?
And we're supposed to take articles from you with false information as scientific evidence? "People from a forum"... couldn't have said it better myself

Old 02-26-2014, 02:44 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Calm down. It looked like the link went with what was under it, not above it.

Doesn't change the fact that you (and your link) are wrong.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:10 PM

44,630 posts, read 61,620,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
What do you think you'll find if you Google house fires and/or fatalities in house fires where a smoldering cigarette was the cause?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
In that respect.....cell phones are just as dangerous.
And your points are? The e-cigarette report was just a reminder that there is a chance of a e-cigarette blowing up in your mouth. It's a warning to smokers to beware. Geeze is a federal case needed.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:17 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Will you please point out where you found that?
I own a company that makes this stuff.

All that's in the juice is propylene glycol, vegetable glycerine, flavor (in a PG carrier, sometimes with ethyl alcohol), and nicotine (usually in a PG carrier).

That's all.

I make it by the gallon. In fact I made 5 gallons of it today. Those are the only four ingredients in it. No grain alcohol, no water, no caffeine, no THC, no food coloring. At least not in MY juice. No flavor extracts from the baking aisle in the supermarket either; those are not designed for e-cigs. The flavors I use are specifically designed to go into e-cigs. I refuse to use any flavoring that isn't. I also refuse to use any flavoring containing diacetyl, acetoin, or acetyl propionyl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products