Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 12:36 AM

454 posts, read 688,681 times

Advertisements

I am quite upset right now, as I placed an order a month ago with this company who sells generic meds and it was my first time doing so. They also didnt require an actual prescription but rather did an 'online consultation'. I paid $42, and they told me it was shipped on the 5th and I'd receive it on the 26th. Well here it is the 30th and nothing. I call and it automatically goes to voicemail. I also emailed them and this lady, only thing she says is that the order may have gotten 'stuck' in transit. How the **** does something get stuck in transit? I ship stuff all the time and it gets delievered. They arent offering me any tracking detail information, just 'generic' excuses and told me to wait 7-10 more days and email them whether or not I got it. Well right now I am furious because I have to leave town tomorrow without these meds I was expecting and now I dont know what Im going to do about this.

The company; my-medicare.com markets sex drugs, but they also have other medications for just about anything else. Im so upset at this, and how long it has taken to get absolutely nothing. Had I known I'd gone into the clinic and just get a regular prescription. But its too late for that, seriously. Now what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 01:11 AM

1,392 posts, read 3,127,785 times
Hi. Things get lost/stuck in transit all the time. I still have an amazon.com order from over a year ago that is still in transit lalala land and still hasn't been delivered. I assume someone has long taken it. Also, it is a possiblility with your package that someone may have taken it, especially if it had any labeling on it that indicated it came from a pharmacy. Good luck!

Old 06-30-2009, 03:54 PM

1,691 posts, read 3,850,986 times
If you paid with a credit card call your card bank and state that you placed an order and did not recieve your product and ask if you can dispute the charge.

Old 06-30-2009, 04:34 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,233,542 times
Why in the world would anyone order meds from an online pharmacy that does not even require a script? How in the world would anyone feel safe taking a drug from a source like that?

Old 06-30-2009, 04:45 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,660,494 times
Might be doing you a favor by losing it!

Seriously... 'generic meds' without an RX? Ya gotta be nuts....

Old 07-01-2009, 12:33 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
The fact that the site didn't require a real diagnose should ahve been a clue to be wary of them.Its like those sites that advertise vigara ;not much you can do if they don't delivery except call your credit card company.Congess has had hearing on this ans found thatoften the drugs are really as advertised with some being fake.

Old 07-01-2009, 12:47 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,323,326 times
The meds probably come from abroad. It's illegal for an American company to do that.

Here is the clencher: The Dept. of Homeland Security probably has the shipment.

You may very well get a letter from them telling you they have confiscated the shipment and not to do it again.

I'm serious. I've seen this happen.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:46 PM

454 posts, read 688,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Here is the clencher: The Dept. of Homeland Security probably has the shipment.

You may very well get a letter from them telling you they have confiscated the shipment and not to do it again.

I'm serious. I've seen this happen.

oh my gosh! dont scare me like that. as far as meds being safer with a prescription, what did we all learn from Micheal Jackson

Old 07-03-2009, 10:29 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,323,326 times
I think the big issue is safety. We really don't know what is in the pills. FDA is not involved. So, it is dangerous to get meds from abroad.

It also is slightly heart-stopping to get a letter from Homeland Security.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:01 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post
oh my gosh! dont scare me like that. as far as meds being safer with a prescription, what did we all learn from Micheal Jackson
That "self prescribing" (what you are doing) is dangerous whether mail order, or "I'll pay anything for _________ to so called medical professionals"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products