Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 08:10 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,992,098 times

Advertisements

They're mostly full of idiots.

I don't return allot of stuff to Walmart because I don't buy allot of stuff from Walmart, but I had to return a floor fan cause it was too loud and swap it for a smaller one. There were 5 people in line ahead of me, all but one walked away with what they were trying to return. One guy had a bike, looked well used, with no reciept to prove he even bought it at Walmart, and the best moron of the bunch tried to return a cordless phone, at least he had the reciept, problem was he bought it a year and a half ago, I'm quite sure he saw me shake my head and snicker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 09:18 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times
Desperation for cash, they are trying to use the return desk as a pawn shop. Can't afford the phone bill, return the phone

But they are idiots.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:48 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Its because wal-mart will ususal take so many returens if new even with no receipt Somethings that break they will take back too. People just get use to them taking almost anything back is my guess.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:34 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,238,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
They're mostly full of idiots.

I don't return allot of stuff to Walmart because I don't buy allot of stuff from Walmart, but I had to return a floor fan cause it was too loud and swap it for a smaller one. There were 5 people in line ahead of me, all but one walked away with what they were trying to return. One guy had a bike, looked well used, with no reciept to prove he even bought it at Walmart, and the best moron of the bunch tried to return a cordless phone, at least he had the reciept, problem was he bought it a year and a half ago, I'm quite sure he saw me shake my head and snicker.
And you don't think a phone should last more than a year and a half? We've had plenty that don't and after a while you start to get pissed off about it.

Old 07-19-2009, 12:59 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,294,291 times
I wouldn't be suprised if Walmart took back a gallon on ice cream, lol!

Old 07-19-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
And you don't think a phone should last more than a year and a half? We've had plenty that don't and after a while you start to get pissed off about it.
What has that got to do with anything? Walmart is not a warranty provider, if your phone dies and it has a warranty you contact the mfg of the phone, not the place you bought it a year and a half ago. I suspect maybe that was you in front of me. You can get pissed all you want, but it's pretty rediculous to think you can return something you bought a year and a half ago for a refund. The solution to your problem? Stop buying cheap phones from Walmart.

Old 07-19-2009, 01:39 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,445,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
What has that got to do with anything? Walmart is not a warranty provider, if your phone dies and it has a warranty you contact the mfg of the phone, not the place you bought it a year and a half ago. I suspect maybe that was you in front of me. You can get pissed all you want, but it's pretty rediculous to think you can return something you bought a year and a half ago for a refund. The solution to your problem? Stop buying cheap phones from Walmart.
Word

Old 07-19-2009, 02:20 PM

Walmart actually DOES have warranties on some items. I don't know what the deal is with the phone guy you are talking about.. but we just bought a vacuum from Walmart with a one year warranty.

I am just curious to see what happens if/when it breaks within the year and I try to get it returned.. I hope I won't look like the moron trying to take back a used vacuum!

Old 07-19-2009, 03:25 PM

The warranty is provided by the vacuum manufacturer, not walmart, if it dies, you call the mfg and either send it in or take it to a local service center for repair, you don't get your money back.

Old 07-19-2009, 03:36 PM

Actually, the warranty may be from the manufacturer, but it is still through walmart. It is on the receipt and they told us to bring it and the receipt back to them, then they handle it or whatever (I suppose they get it fixed through the manufacturer or exchange it). And I wouldn't want money back, I would want a vacuum that works! Hopefully we won't have to worry about it though..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products