Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 10:53 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,294,588 times

Advertisements

What Laundry Detergent Do You Like?

Honestly, we just buy whatever is the cheapest..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 10:53 AM

1,419 posts, read 2,455,160 times
Arm and Hammer. Tide is way too expensive, I only buy it if I have to. I have to use the ones for sensitive skin. Unfortunately when I go to the store I dont always find the detergent I need.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:02 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,120 times
I buy mine from the bulk section at a food co op. No suds. No scent. Cleans gently. Liquid. I can't even walk down the soap aisle in a grocery store without choking. So much of it is overkill with the scent. I don't like my clothing to reek of after shave, and that's what so much of it resembles. Many brands cause contact dermatitis.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:05 AM

5,554 posts, read 6,739,685 times
Tide with Downey fabric softener...but I am going to start saving pennies - will probably go back to Arm and Hammer.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:40 AM

626 posts, read 1,348,249 times
I was a Tide fanatic also but once they switched all of the liquid to the 2x or 3x power and you were paying a bunch more for a smaller bottle I got discouraged... now I use Gain. It seems to work just as well and smells great too

Old 08-01-2009, 09:32 PM

147 posts, read 395,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by let it go View Post
I have used Shaklee Liquid L for 18 years! It works better than anything. My son used to be on soccer teams when he was in school. One day we had the kids lined up in their yellow jerseys to take pictures at the end of a season. My son's shirt was the only one that was still bright yellow and not stained! And no...he didn't sit the bench...he played defense all during middle school and high school!

All of the Moms said..."WOW...what detergent do you use?"
i agree with you ive been using and selling shaklee for years its the best ive seen

Old 08-01-2009, 10:26 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,808,379 times
Former Tide user, now All (free & clear) or A&H.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:50 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Tide

Old 08-01-2009, 11:07 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
This is the first intelligent question I have seen on the forum tonight. Most of the time the questions are about something that is not going to change if 50 million people want it to. You asked something that could do somebody some good.

I use Wind Fresh that I buy at Sam's; but the detergent that I find that I like is a new detergent called Purex. Smells good and gets the clothes clean. I use that brand of fabric softener also.

We are storing things in our garage that are water tight and the Wind Fresh container is just perfect for the storage. It is almost like getting the detergent free because the container would cost almost as much as the detergent if we had to buy many of them. When I get enough of the containers, I will probably go back to buying whatever is on sale.

When my husband was repairing cash registers and getting the dirt on his white shirts and my son was playing baseball, I always used Oxydol. I think it has some ingredient that is against the law in North Carolina now. I actually had one of those experiences where two mothers were discussing how I got my son's baseball uniform so clean after a muddy game. They asked me what detergent I used to clean it. I looked at the other uniforms and sure enough, his was much whiter than any of the others.

BTW cheap hair spray is good for getting that permanent blue cash register ink out of white shirts.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:12 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdubose View Post
I was a Tide fanatic also but once they switched all of the liquid to the 2x or 3x power and you were paying a bunch more for a smaller bottle I got discouraged... now I use Gain. It seems to work just as well and smells great too
I agree with you on the Gain. Unfortunately my husband does not. It really gets the clothes clean and is usually reasonably priced, but he cannnot stand the smell. He counts too, so to respect his wishes, I don't use it anymore. I think it has a really nice fresh smell.

I have never been able to use Tide. I tried a couple of times and a family member would get a rash everywhere the clothes touched his skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products