Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2009, 02:30 AM

123 posts, read 354,573 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me where to find some decent pillows? geesh, I have been through alot of them in the last year.

It doesn't seem to matter if they are pricey or cheap they all pretty much last the same amount of time in my house.

If you have some that are pretty good and have held up for ya, let me know where you bought them and what kind they are please!!!

Signed desperate for a good nights sleep
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 11:08 AM

191 posts, read 696,362 times
Try The Company Store (http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-3641673-10404704 - broken link) - they have a pretty good selection of pillows, also look at amazon and read the reviews. I personally prefer the primaloft type of pillow - I sleep on my back and sides so something soft is better, also I want it to be allergen free and washable. I really like the ones I'm currently using but I cut the tags off so I don't know what they are, I will say that what made a difference for me was triple covering them (zip pillow protector, basic cover and whatever cover matches the sheets I currently have on) that way they stay cleaner and fresher and don't need to be washed as often so no lumps!

Old 11-02-2009, 05:48 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,038,691 times
I buy a fresh batch from WalMart every 3 months or so. I usually pay right around $5 per pillow/buying 6 at a time. Sure, they are cheap....but they work great and I can replace them rather than having to wash them.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:26 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,918,652 times
I have a latex pillow I bought from Penneys 5 years ago. No dust mites or other nasty critters, its holding up beautifully!

Old 11-02-2009, 08:20 PM

15,128 posts, read 27,673,702 times
I also am in a never-ending quest for pillows - I'll find some supposedly firm ones, good for side sleepers (even though I start out on my back) - they all, relatively quickly get flattened in the middle, I keep turning the during the night, thumping, etc., sigh..... what I wouldn't give for a great mattress/pillow combo. that actually let me sleep in comfort through the night and wake up feeling rested (it's been many yrs. since that has happened)

Old 11-03-2009, 01:29 AM

6 posts, read 24,195 times
I have a new Neck Pillow,This neck pillow/cushion has built-in a pair of speakers Using a universal standard plug (3.5mm), directly connects with devices like iPods, MP3/MP4/MP5 players Then you are able to listen music or watching movies at a more comfortable environment , tell me if you need isly478@live.cn

Old 11-03-2009, 06:42 PM

42,579 posts, read 86,772,693 times
I've had the same pillows as long as I can remember. Probably got them at Goodwill. I've got lots of them, if they aren't firm enough, I stack them up.

Old 11-03-2009, 06:49 PM

15,853 posts, read 35,071,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowes View Post
Can anyone tell me where to find some decent pillows? geesh, I have been through alot of them in the last year.

It doesn't seem to matter if they are pricey or cheap they all pretty much last the same amount of time in my house.

If you have some that are pretty good and have held up for ya, let me know where you bought them and what kind they are please!!!

Signed desperate for a good nights sleep
My dh and I have some down/feather pillows that are four years old.

They cost about $45 a piece, but are much, much, better than that polyfill stuff. If you have not tried feathers or down, I strongly suggest that you do, if allergies are not a problem, that is.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products