Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 09:34 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times

Advertisements

WWWHHHHHHEEEEEE WWWWHHHHOOOOO!!!! OMG!! After 8 months of total bullshyt and aggravation it has finally been resolved. I just sent in my third payment to cover my negative balance when I got an email from Paypal saying the BUYERS credit card has sided with me and I will be remimbursed the $610 and case closed. DONE DEAL!!!

I'm still going to have the police pursue these people for fraud. It's shown in the Paypal paperwork that it was purchased from an address that they did live in along with other purchases that day. I AM SOOOO HAPPY!!!! Happy Friday to me!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 06:17 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,530,288 times
Congratulations, due to your perserverance!

I used to buy a lot of gems on ebay...this is kind of the opposite of your problem, but still, a problem:

Several years ago I got ripped off from a group of people who were in cahoots up in the San Francisco Bay/Oakland/Daly City areas of CA....fake gems...more than one purchase.. They were foreign, (from Eastern Europe), the gems were shipped from several addresses, but I did a lot of detective work and found that they were all the same people working under different alias names.....it was a terrible situation....many people got ripped off....there was a huge group of us..... It got pretty scary, (I was threatened--and of course they had my address), so my husband made me get out of the investigation....

I quit ebay, but unless things have changed, even after you quit, it takes 6 months for them to release you, (just in case you have debts out there, etc)......

There are a lot of good people on the auction sites but some bad apples have to spoil it for everybody. In the end, I ended up with some very nice gems and some total fakes..... Even now, I still have all my paperwork in a file from each and every purchase, (I even kept the mailing envelopes from the 'bad guys' for a couple of years), so let this be a lesson to you to keep it all, even when you move, just to cover your butt.

I was glad to read that things are turning out in your favor....I'm sorry that any of us has to get ripped off....I've been there and it's a terrible feeling..... The con artists and thieves ought to be put in jail.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:52 PM

326 posts, read 752,774 times
I have a 3 ring binder that I keep all my ebay purchases and sales info in. When I sell something, I write down all the info including tracking info, address etc.

I am so happy you are getting your money back!! I had someone buy something once, paypal said I was paid, so I shipped the item and the person stopped the payment. I never got the money or the item back...total scam!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products