Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 09:35 PM

5 posts, read 10,497 times

Advertisements

Oh and how about receiving a negative because the buyer didn't like the way the shirt you sold fit them. Well if you ordered a large and received a large and it didn't fit the way you wanted then RETURN it don't leave a negative for the seller. They didn't send you the wrong size. Do all jeans in the same size fit the same? Nope. I had it happen twice and eBay would do nothing so I don't even sell apparel on eBay anymore. One of the buyers that left the negative on me had left 14 total feedbacks for sellers and all 14 of them were negatives. I find that hard to believe he got screwed all 14 times. Half of them were for the same reason he left mine he didn't like the way the piece of clothing he bought fit. Well hello don't buy your clothes online go try it on in a store. I contacted him and he told me he didn't realize feedback went against the seller he thought it was for the item only. Another thing buyers do is buy something just to try it out etc. and then return it and in the return reason selection put not as described or missing parts so the seller is charged the return shipping. I had one come back last week never opened and complete I contacted the buyer and asked them why they put that down in the reason code and they told me they ordered in error and didn't want to pay the return shipping and left a smiley face. eBay wouldn't touch it. So now I'm out the original shipping cost I paid to ship it plus the return shipping. If I short the buyers refund to recover my loss what kind of feedback do you think I'm going to get? Crooked buyers and there are crooked sellers it goes both ways and eBay does nothing about any of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2014, 09:31 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
that's not really the point. the point is that i left negative feedback and my feedback was removed without anyone notifying me. it's one thing for them to contact me and say that the feedback i left was unreasonable and they were going to remove it on grounds of xxxxx! it's a different story to just remove it and let these sellers go on and continue to rip people off!

Recently I won an auction item and received an invoice with an incorrectly added 13 percent sales tax. I asked the seller about it and he sent a BLANK reply (I presume this is a gimmick sellers use in order to claim they responded to a buyer's question, I got the same blank response one time from a seller in response to a question about the seller's listed item.)

Then the seller sent a blank invoice - the email identified it as an eBay invoice but the message was entirely blank.

What sort of feedback should I leave this seller?

Old 08-26-2014, 09:56 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,407,499 times
A seller can't send a blank invoice on purpose. That would be an eBay glitch.

Old 08-26-2014, 01:21 PM

24,445 posts, read 25,978,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptormaniac View Post
I am a Powerseller on eBay and let me tell you I've never had them remove any feedbacks even when they were totally ridiculous. I understand people have been ripped off by sellers on eBay but there are honest sellers out there also. There have been a ton of comments on how eBay protects the Powersellers well how many buyers are out there that know how important feedback is to a seller and take advantage of that and get free stuff or items replaced that they damaged themselves or claim to have never received. A seller can only leave a positive on a buyer and has to wait up to 8 days for a buyer to pay what happens if a seller takes 8 days to ship? I have received a negative that said "part didn't fit" (3 months later by the way) Well ok why not contact to get this corrected? Is there a chance the wrong part was shipped yes of course. Is there a chance the buyer ordered the wrong part yes but thats never the case of course. I have reached out to people that left me a negative feedback and when and if they do respond 99 percent of the time they didn't even know the year model of the dirtbike or ATV they owned or it was their mistake. I've sold a part for a Yamaha dirtbike that says it fits 2000-2010 and received a feedback that says "doesn't fit 2012" well no kidding. I've received a negative feedback from a seller that said my shipping time was slow when I shipped it the same day. I can't help it that its 5 business days with UPS from Texas to New York and that can be verified on the UPS website how is that my fault? If you wanted it sooner then buy it from a state closer to you. Another good one is "found cheaper online after I purchased" or "price too high" how is a seller supposed to always have the lowest price and if the price was too high why did you purchase it to begin with? Point is how many sellers receive negative feedbacks because the seller was wrong? eBay should make it mandatory that before a negative is left the seller is given at least 24 hours to respond. If they tell you to go blank yourself then heck yea leave a negative but I'll be willing to bet 99 percent of the time the situation would be resolved and both parties would be happy. I have seen people leave feedbacks on here because the Sony TV they bought didn't have as good of a picture as they thought well how is that the sellers fault? They didn't make the TV eBay should have a feedback for the seller and one for the item. If you got the correct item in the time frame specified thats all you can do as a seller. If you don't like the quality of the item then call the people that made it or ask the seller to return. Do you go around talking about how sorry Walmart is because the TV you bought there didn't have a good picture? I have people ask where is my item and if I don't have it there the next day then they are going to leave a negative etc. when you can look at the tracking in eBay and see whats going on. Most of the time it will show up to date activity and sometimes it appears to have stalled somewhere along the way which again is out of the sellers control. The seller should contact the shipper and try to get information of course but if the package was lost by UPS or USPS or Fedex or whoever and it shows that in the tracking then how is that the sellers fault. If they don't replace it then heck yea they should receive a negative. I've never seen so many dumb buyers they would rather leave a negative and lose their money then open a case or contact the seller and tell them the item was incorrect or it wasn't received. When you ship tons of items sooner or later a mistake is going to be made there is a thing called human error. If its not fixed then a negative is deserved point is alot of times a seller doesn't know they shipped the wrong item if they knew it was wrong chances are they wouldn't have shipped it. Its going to end up costing them a bunch to fix the problem. The best part of all regarding this topic is how none of the people who are complaining about the sellers actually sell on eBay themselves. If that doesn't say it all right there. Again I know there are people out there who have been ripped off but leave a negative for that seller and don't throw the rest of the good sellers in that bucket also. I have spent a ton of money keeping my feedback 100 percent fixing issues that were not my fault and accepting returns on items that people tried to make work when the listing never stated it would. I've shipped replacement items when the tracking actually showed a signature and eBay wouldn't back me up. Yes I have also spent alot of money fixing mistakes that were my fault as well. Believe me its hard to be a Powerseller and eBay isn't doing anything to protect us I can assure you they know how important feedback is and that a seller is going to do most anything to keep it if they want to be successful which allows them to not have to get involved in anything and just kick back and watch the cash flow in. Bottom line is buyers should think about how they would react if they were a seller and received a negative that was not deserved or for an issue out of their control. Buyers have protection on eBay and will get their money back. A seller has no protection they either do whatever the seller says or pay the price plain and simple.

My eyes hurt just looking at the OP's posts. Try using some paragraph breaks next time.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:40 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,394,144 times
Hopefully your usernames on CD are the same on eBay, I'll add you to my blocked list. Most sellers take pride in their 100% feedback rating.

Old 08-28-2014, 01:39 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
I have made around 150 purchases on ebay and only twice have i left negative feedback. the first time, the seller contacted me and rectified the problem so i withdrew the feedback. this time around the seller refused to budge. this morning i went and checked that my feedback was still there and low and behold, the seller had gone back to 100% positive. ebay did not even have the courtesy to contact me and ask me why. i wonder how often dogy sellers on ebay have had their poor feedback removed only to go on and rip more unsuspecting buyers off?
wow, I didn't know they could do that!!!! I think I will stick with Amazon for most of my purchases thank you. I used to use Ebay all the time, not so much anymore. Part of it has to do with less than 100% satisfied but more the cost of shipping and handling is over the top!!!!

Old 09-04-2014, 12:04 AM

4,468 posts, read 10,610,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptormaniac View Post
... Another thing buyers do is buy something just to try it out etc. and then return it and in the return reason selection put not as described or missing parts so the seller is charged the return shipping. I had one come back last week never opened and complete I contacted the buyer and asked them why they put that down in the reason code and they told me they ordered in error and didn't want to pay the return shipping and left a smiley face. eBay wouldn't touch it. So now I'm out the original shipping cost I paid to ship it plus the return shipping. If I short the buyers refund to recover my loss what kind of feedback do you think I'm going to get? Crooked buyers and there are crooked sellers it goes both ways and eBay does nothing about any of it.
Did you contact the buyer thru the eBay message system? If yes, and the buyer's reply is also thru the eBay message system, call back, report the buyer for abusing the SNAD process and ask to have it removed. If the first CSR says they can't do that, ask for their supervisor or someone in Appeals. You may have to go up the ladder a few rungs, or call a couple of times, but if that should be removable.

Old 09-08-2014, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy53420 View Post
Hopefully your usernames on CD are the same on eBay, I'll add you to my blocked list. Most sellers take pride in their 100% feedback rating.
Not sure what you mean if you were replying to my post. I do take pride in my feedback that's why it is 100 percent my point was I hear all the complaints about crooked sellers and how eBay protects the Powersellers like me and I was just speaking from my personal experience since 1999 on here eBay has never backed me up even when proof was documented in eBay messages etc. I've spent a ton of money keeping it 100 percent believe me most of which I dished out because of a buyers mistake. If your response was for another post please disregard.

Old 09-09-2014, 12:00 AM

Quote:
I have made around 150 purchases on ebay and only twice have i left negative feedback. the first time, the seller contacted me and rectified the problem so i withdrew the feedback. this time around the seller refused to budge. this morning i went and checked that my feedback was still there and low and behold, the seller had gone back to 100% positive. ebay did not even have the courtesy to contact me and ask me why. i wonder how often dodgy sellers on ebay have had their poor feedback removed only to go on and rip more unsuspecting buyers off?
That is pretty strange for sure. Question did you check to see if the negative had actually been removed or did you just look at their score? The reason I ask is if a seller sells a ton of items it takes the negatives received by the total recorded feedback and gives the percentage. Long story short if the buyer receives 1000 positive feedbacks and only one negative it will show 100 percent. they drop off as time goes by kind of like a credit report. If they just removed it then I have no answer unless it violated a policy of some sort.

Old 09-09-2014, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
Did you contact the buyer thru the eBay message system? If yes, and the buyer's reply is also thru the eBay message system, call back, report the buyer for abusing the SNAD process and ask to have it removed. If the first CSR says they can't do that, ask for their supervisor or someone in Appeals. You may have to go up the ladder a few rungs, or call a couple of times, but if that should be removable.
Well the final result was they gave me back the return shipping cost I have no idea if anything was done to the buyer I seriously doubt they did I'm sure I would have heard from the buyer Thank you for the information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products