Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 04:01 AM

11,670 posts, read 5,696,548 times

Advertisements

Community Help Boards - The eBay Community

When you have problems with any aspect of Ebay - go to the Community Discussion Boards. These sellers and buyers have been through every situation and can advise everyone step by step. Ebay likes to hide the link so that's why I've posted it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 10:01 PM

1 posts, read 2,912 times
Thumbs down eBay removed rule conforming negative feedback

After 15 years and 100% positive ratings, received and given as a buyer and a seller, I issued my first negative rating because there was a material deficiency in the description of the item I bought. A misleading description of an item for sale appeared multiple times without an accurate description of the actual information.

I left negative feedback because eBay buyers should be able to trust what eBay's affiliates list for sale. There was no profanity. The negative comment conformed to all of eBay's rules.

After I send this message I'm going to delist 100% of the items I have for sale through their system since it is no longer a trustworthy company.

Old 01-08-2014, 08:50 PM

2 posts, read 5,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momotaro View Post
Ebay is a reputable company
Hahaha.... very funny.

Ebay is a den of thieves who have a variety of tricks up their sleeves to get away with scamming people:

1. Buyer protection is a joke. When you receive an incorrect or broken item, you can return it, but the shipping can often cost as much as the item and they won't refund it. So if you ship the item back to get a refund, you have lost almost the full payment amount and have nothing to show for it.

2. Ratings are a joke. A seller can get a completely accurate and polite feedback removed if he doesn't like it. Perhaps it's more difficult to small-time sellers and people who don't know how to handle the administrators, but there are also more experienced sellers who know most of the tricks.

3. Time limit. A seller can promise to ship you the correct item if you revise the feedback, but you need their permission to change it and when people revise it in advance, they might never receive anything nor have it reflected in the ratings. The buyer protection is only available for 45 days, so if the seller can get the overseas buyer to sit and wait for the promised replacement, then they could avoid any repercussions for lying.

I have had enough bad experiences with top rated sellers that I would be reluctant to use Ebay for anything that costs more than a few bucks. They can rob you blind, blatantly lie and face no consequences. If you know their tricks, then you can avoid some of the pitfalls, but it is still very risky to buy anything valuable in there.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:24 PM

2 posts, read 5,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lshcat View Post
There HAS to be a violation in the feedback for eBay to remove it. It has to contain name-calling, involve shipping or customs comments, etc.. perhaps if a case is lost by a buyer then all comments are eligible for removal. I don't know. But I DO know that eBay is likely not just ignoring feedback rules for certain power sellers. Paranoid people here. IMO. In any case, you can post your grievances on many online sites about certain sellers if you wish, and bottom line if you don't like the seller just don't use them.
No there doesn't. I just had my rating removed the same way, it's not paranoia. It was a polite and an accurate explanation of the issue. There was no name-calling or customs comments. You are defending Ebay like a mother might defend her child, "my kid is so kind and sweet, he would never hurt anyone," ignoring what anyone else says about what they experienced or witnessed.

Old 01-20-2014, 12:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,796 times
I had a negative comment removed simply because I stated that I had to open a case in order to get a refund after a seller ignored all my messages after 2 items i bought from them didn't arrive. I tried to contact them 4 times and recieved no reply. I was refunded on one item through the resolution centre and the other refund was a courtesy refund from Ebay because the seller wouldn't even refund after I won the case because they said they had sent a replacement which surprise surprise, never arrived. This seller has 100's of negatives but because they sell in such volume, they still have a 99.7% positive rating.. When you cannot leave honest feedback to warn others it just goes to show what a joke the feedback system is and that sellers who list thousands of items are well protected by Ebay even if they are dishonest or are constantly ripping people off..

Old 02-04-2014, 10:21 AM

2 posts, read 5,453 times
I had same thing happen left a seller r--r---r58 a neg for steeling 1260.00. he kept item and money. then ebay removed my neg feed back. have to say im getting sick of evel sellers on ebay,and im sure there are buyers as well!
this must be a new buss, practice.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:22 AM

1 posts, read 2,707 times
Default Strange eBay feedback criteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenolivia View Post
It seems unreasonable to me to criticise the poster for not stating the feedback she/he left but to be perfectly happy to accept eBay's refusal to state WHY they remove negative feedback. If eBay 'have their reasons', why do they not provide those reasons to buyers when asked? If eBay 'have their reasons' but don't have to provide further details then surely the original poster can have his/her reasons too without being obliged to provide further details.

I can't speak for eBay.com but certainly eBay.co.uk do NOT favour the buyer. Infact my complaint is now being dealt with by a Trading Standards Home Authority Officer for eBay and Paypal in the UK who is responsible for ensuring that companies comply with consumer protection laws. To quote from this officer's email to me:

''Further to 2 years of informal discussions on every aspect of the eBay, PayPal et al businesses, we are formally raising numerous outstanding concerns with the business. Legal action is likely regarding a number of matters, including claim handling, consumer protection and customer service. My primary aim is to improve the site for the benefit of all users but my contact with you may assist you to pursue your own claim further.''

So this obviously shows that there are SERIOUS concerns regarding eBay's non compliance with consumer protection laws here in the UK. I would urge anyone else who has had their feedback unfairly removed by eBay to contact the Office of Fair Trading in the first instance, so that their case can be added to the list of complaints and also be investigated by the Home Authority.
I wish I knew how to complain about this:
I just had a similar experience over negative feedback I left for a seller. The seller listed items at £3.50 postage and I bought one item and discussed buying another for the same price and the postage would be the same for two items as one. However suddenly I find an extra 20p is wanted so the items can be sent by recorded delivery which the seller didn't mention but just tried to throw into the deal without me noticing, any way in the argument that followed the seller decided they wanted to cancel the item I already purchased and then I realised that I had been drawn into an argument over postage so the seller could use it as an excuse to cancel the purchase and it seems to get my feedback removed. eBay will not give me a reason for the removal but I suspect the seller has claimed threats or used the discussion we had in some way to get a reason for removal. However as I pointed out to eBay as far as I am aware iI have not said anything bad in my communication and as the seller refused to send the item I won after the discussion over the extra charge for recorded delivey I am baffled as to what possible reason could be valid for the removal. I can only assume the seller who is female has called in the usual "harrasment" card or something, which makes me feel like eBay may be biased (sexist) towards male buyers when the seller is female because i really can't see any other reason for it. What's the point of the feedback system if when someone tries to fiddle you (changes agrred and already stated postage), has an argument and then fails to honour the purchase they can get away with it by calling the argument "harrasment" or something just because of sex.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:44 PM

2 posts, read 4,639 times
Could anyone please give me the ebay id names of the sellers who are having their negative feedback removed?

A couple of us have been looking into another seller who gets ALL of their negative feedback removed. They get frequent negatives and they all disappear quickly. I'm thinking there must be many more sellers cheating in this same way. I don't know how they are doing it, but I know they are doing something funny.

I'd be interested in finding out who some of these other sellers are, so I can observe their feedback too.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:34 PM

15,128 posts, read 27,669,144 times
not going to happen

Old 02-24-2014, 11:21 PM

2 posts, read 4,635 times
Same deal here but I do offer a solution My first comment is it is gathering time. Anyone who has left legitimate negative or Neutral Feedback that did not violate Policy and has been removed needs to come forward .

My case...I bought and paid for an item that was advertised as beautiful and perfect..It arrived and it was broken and obviously glued and repaired. I contacted the seller...no response...I then filed a claim even though the item advertised stated NO RETURNS...no immediate response to the claim but as the seller had been listing items over this time frame there was no way they did not know a claim was filed..... I decided that I would leave Negative Feedback which was pretty straight forward as follows.. " received Item damaged and glued seller states NO RETURNS in listing." I actually read the entire Feedback Policy before leaving Feedback just to make sure I was in keeping with what others would want to know? About an hour later the seller responds to the case filed stating "this buyer is trying to ruin my business by leaving vengeful and threatening feedback that is deliberate" ...still no attempt at resolving the damaged and glued item just venting about the Negative Feedback and acting like all this is my fault... I went back to look at the feedback and it had been removed. ....

I contacted customer support...I asked why the feedback had been removed? How did anything in my feedback violate feedback Policy? Well I was assured that my Feedback in no way violated Policy and that Ebay would certainly expedite the case in my favor in order for me to be allowed to return the item....I was connected to another person who said "I feel your pain and I am deciding the case in your favor as the item is obviously not as described."
I then said "You removed my negative Feedback which I left to protect other buyers and now I am required to pay the return shipping."
I was then told that due to the feedback removal, Ebay was going to send me the label for return shipping..

I gave this a lot of thought.

When Ebay removes a legitimate Negative Feedback this denies buyers their right to determine the type of seller they are buying from.
The buyer is then responsible to pay all RETURN SHIPPING costs to recover their original purchase price.

Millions of dollars are spent by Ebay buyers in returning "not as described" items to sellers.

I would steer clear from sellers that have sent damaged items or that have NO RETUrN policies making the buying process difficult. I would also steer clear of sellers that do not deliver the goods purchased.

Ebay is in collusion with sellers when they Remove legitimate Feedback preventing buyers to see the opinions of other buyers. This ultimately costs these buyers money in return shipping fees.

If we as buyers put together a list of those who have had legitimate Feedback removed we should have a good solid class action to recoup any return shipping fees due to Ebay's negligence in providing us with legitimate Feedback. We sign on to be able to benefit from Feedback but when it is removed for no reason we do suffer loss that I think is legally recoverable as we are damaged by the direct removal of this Feedback.

We are now unable to make a good decision as once removed the Feedback is unavailable thus costing us return shipping fees we might not have incurred.
I estimate just by searching disgruntled transactions on the net...that Millions of shipping dollars are spent by buyers that return items they likely would not have purchased if they had access to these legitimate Negative Feedbacks.

So we need a good law firm that has experience taking on Ebay...I see Wolf Popper in NYC took them on..and several others but the list of those of us who have had feedback removed needs to grow in order to put a stop to Ebay's unfair removal of legitimate buyer feedback.

So we need a website and then a list...once the list grows we have a legitimate case...this should eventually stop the abuse by Ebay of removing legitimate feedback.

Last edited by Spencergo; 02-24-2014 at 11:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products