U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2010, 10:43 AM

3 posts, read 14,859 times

Advertisements

Hi all!

I'm relocating from San Francisco back to Louisiana to open up a web development shop with my brother (take advantage of those IT tax breaks!), and I was curious if anyone knew of some good Loft style apartments. I'd like to retain a tiny fraction of the city life I have here in downtown SF, though I am looking forward to that slower pace again ha.

Anyways, kinda hoping for concrete / wood floors, exposed ceilings, and open floor plans.

I did find Lee Hardware, and that looks pretty close to perfect, just not sure about the area (although, bums are something that I deal with all the time here in SF, so thats less of a deterrent than you might think haha).

Any good recommendations?

Thanks!
-Ken
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 08:56 PM

425 posts, read 1,378,077 times
Ken! Don't do it man (I'm pretty sure you're the Ken I'm thinking of).

Anyway, if you insist on moving back, I think the only lofts you'll find are Lee Hardware and United Jewelers, though I'm not sure you'll find the brick and timber loft places that we love so much in the bigger cities. If you're ready to buy, you can check in to the Milam Place building, which is a very upscale, very urban highrise condo building downtown. Back when I lived in Shreveport and was still active in the real estate there, Milam Place was still under construction, so I don't know much about the state of the building today.

Old 07-17-2010, 12:44 AM

Haha, Hank! Too funny man. Thanks for confirming my suspicions I could never afford a brick and timber loft here in SF. Definitely can in S'port , so unbelievably cheap, especially while most of our income will be coming from out of state rates! Totally doin it though haha. The tax credits, family, and working with my brother for ourselves will be awesome. We've always missed each other freelancing by a year or two (I'd freelance for a year, then he would, then I would again, and the other was always in a full time job and couldn't partner up). But the times now! haha. And hey, if it is actually awful, I'll make some decent money and head back out to a big city again.

Btw... is this "soccer" hank?

Old 07-17-2010, 09:53 AM

425 posts, read 1,378,077 times
Yeah it's me. I don't blame you for wanting to move back, the daily grind in Chicago wears me down every now and then. I think it's cool that you've been able to do so much with your web design stuff. I remember when you'd be sitting in chemistry building websites instead of classwork, and mrs. johnson would get so pissed. Looks like you got the last laugh!

Old 07-28-2010, 01:38 PM

237 posts, read 362,531 times
Milam is up and running. They had a condo up for sale last month,i don't know if its still available. And you are a bit krazy for moving back here,but i wish you all the best!
I hope chicago is treating you well hank (its one of the places i'm from).

Old 08-11-2010, 11:43 PM

omfg... they paint the rafters and the brick. I could strangle someone haha. After all that, I almost snag a united jeweler's apartment, and somebody went and took pics of it for me. Concrete, brick, rafters... etc etc. but... all of it painted white except the floor. Thats pretty much against the law right?! hahaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City