U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2010, 10:30 AM

3 posts, read 14,086 times

Advertisements

I've been in the Shreve City area (near shreveport-barksdale highway) for the past 2 years renting an apartment. I've loved it so far, but really have been itching to buy a house lately. The apt just gets smaller and smaller everyday lol. I don't have kids or anything, just a little housecat so I don't need to be near any schools. I work at the willis knighton hospital in bossier and would really prefer to have a closer drive there.

Unfortunately, all I can afford are houses around the 100,000 price range (maybe up to 110,000) so I can't get into the fancy subdivisions that are North Bossier (and close to my job!). And everytime I find something cute and affordable, it winds up in a bad part of town! So anyway, I decided I was gonna have to look outside the cities and look towards either Haughton, Benton, Blanchard, etc. but I have no idea which one to really focus on. Like I said, I don't have kids or any family to worry about, I'm a female in my 20s so I need to be safe at least. I'd really prefer to not have to use I-20 to commute on since I work at night and also because of all the traffic issues. Thanks for any help!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 06:00 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,573,813 times
Have you checked out Brownlee Estates off of Benton Road north of Greenacres Place? If I recall correctly the houses are not terribly expensive, probably in the price range you are looking for, nice area. I don't have any figures but if you found one in your price range you would be very close to work.

Another poss. would be palmetto estates on Airline Dr north of Linton Road. I don't believe they are that expensive there either. Check out these two places. Palmetto is near Benton and Benton would be a good alternative to BC.

Old 11-08-2010, 04:23 PM

16 posts, read 46,059 times
Look into the Benton area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City