U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 07:29 PM

2,192 posts, read 6,798,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Analog Man View Post
It must be then. I was not aware of this type of law until I tried to purchase alcohol from walmart and Rite Aid this past Sunday and was refused. Of course I asked the manager and according to him it was a State law.

Tell the manager he's wrong or lying. Here they sell alcohol seven days a week, 24 hours a day.

Louisiana doesn't have a law against selling alcohol on Sundays. It's up to the Parish you live in whether they restrict sales on Sundays.

Where I live in St. Charles Parish they can't sell between 2am and 6am. Just across the parish line in Jefferson Parish you can get it 24 hours a day except in Fatcity. And in Orleans Parish it's sold around the clock.

busta
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 09:06 PM

4,230 posts, read 9,970,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
Where I live in St. Charles Parish they can't sell between 2am and 6am. Just across the parish line in Jefferson Parish you can get it 24 hours a day except in Fatcity. And in Orleans Parish it's sold around the clock.

busta
I didn't even know that.

-------------------------------------------

I definitely can say that in this part of Louisiana hard liquor can be bought anywhere. The zoo and movie theaters sell daiquiris. There aren't really true "liquor stores" in this area because you can but it any drug store or grocery store. It's amazing what we take for granted. For can honestly say that until I spent a little time in Baton Rouge, I assumed the same was true across the entire state.

Old 07-21-2011, 02:27 PM

94 posts, read 208,467 times
I recently moved to Shreveport from Orleans parish and am amazed at how different the alcohol laws are. I've yet to see hard liquor at any gas station or grocery store and on Sundays half of the liquor stores are closed or most of their inventory is roped off. It must have been this way a long time though, because when I asked why I couldn't buy people looked at me like I was crazy.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:41 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,571,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goosenola View Post
I recently moved to Shreveport from Orleans parish and am amazed at how different the alcohol laws are. I've yet to see hard liquor at any gas station or grocery store and on Sundays half of the liquor stores are closed or most of their inventory is roped off. It must have been this way a long time though, because when I asked why I couldn't buy people looked at me like I was crazy.
You may buy hard liquor in grocery stores like Brookshires, but I don't know specifically of any gas stations that sell here. Beer and wine are sold on sunday in both Shreveport and Bossier, one may order a drink with a meal on sunday of any kind. Thrifty liquor stores are indeed open on sunday for wine annd beer ssales. You just can't buy liquor on sunday on the retail level.

Old 12-30-2017, 06:17 AM

3,043 posts, read 7,571,943 times
update: Shreveport now sells all alcohol on sunday and bars are allowed to remain open. Wonder if Wal-Mart still thinks otherwise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City