U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2011, 11:23 PM

15,816 posts, read 23,857,842 times

Advertisements

I found this on BR Business report. When I was there, mind you it was years ago, it was crawlin' with people! Doubt it will shut down, right?

Deal of the Week: Boardwalk Comes Up Short - WSJ.com
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2011, 04:25 PM

34 posts, read 75,303 times
I doubt it will shut down. It has good shopping, its safe, and has the best movie theater in town. My family and I go there regularly.

Old 04-10-2011, 02:27 PM

1,903 posts, read 4,405,059 times
I'm surprised it's being foreclosed on. It doesn't appear that there is leasing space underutilization, last time I was down there you could barely make it into the property on Saturday night (there's no other comparable venue in the big little town of SBC).

I find it funny how the loan is for 128 million and the outstanding balance is 124 million lol.

Yes the property won't cease to be, though it will be interesting how the day to day operations change with new management. I still can't believe that the place couldn't pay for itself, I bet there's more to this story than meets the eye. It wouldn't surprise me if the owners were funneling the money to pay for their personal extravagances...we're talking about Louisiana yokels strutting their big spurs in the little big town after all lol. But yeah for the average consumer it will be business as usual. Unless the new management decides to loosen up on the dress code and police presence in the place, which I don't see them doing as it would affect the "desired coloring" of their customer base, which does affect their bottom line. I digress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City