U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2011, 01:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,752 times

Advertisements

Can somebody tell me why Bossier City isn't fixing the broken sewer lines or repairing all the natural gas leaks around town?

It smells like DOO DOO at almost every corner along Airline Drive, and there are natural gas leaks are all over the city.

I'm really tired of gagging all the way down the road, and I'm concerned about the possible health problems we're going to see as a result of being exposed to raw sewer and natural gas on a daily basis.

Seems like nobody cares.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 10:42 AM

3,043 posts, read 7,570,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggy1 View Post
Can somebody tell me why Bossier City isn't fixing the broken sewer lines or repairing all the natural gas leaks around town?

It smells like DOO DOO at almost every corner along Airline Drive, and there are natural gas leaks are all over the city.

I'm really tired of gagging all the way down the road, and I'm concerned about the possible health problems we're going to see as a result of being exposed to raw sewer and natural gas on a daily basis.

Seems like nobody cares.
Money. They blow it on other things here.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:05 PM

9 posts, read 22,287 times
Default Smelled something nasty

Was near the Air Force Base (71104) over the weekend. Nice place but that nasty smell was more than I could bare! I assumed it was from the River...

Old 07-07-2012, 01:53 PM

974 posts, read 2,060,033 times
Gets stinky around Red River on Teague Parkway during the summer. I believe this to be a sewer-line issue. City of Bossier had spent considerable money a few years ago studying and trying to remediate the problem. They had a company come in and do some work on the lift stations...not sure exactly what but it seemed to work for a while. Can't answer why it still gets rank. Maybe new sewer upgrades slated in the future will help. Also another problem is drainage ditches that are around Airline which may get sewer run-off from broken / leaky lines and turn foul when the temps rise. If you look around, the city of Bossier is built around a bunch of drainage canals, especially in Bossier proper and North of I-20. These ditches may need upgrades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City