Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2008, 10:50 AM

1 posts, read 2,516 times

Advertisements

I will be relocating to BC in June this year. Finding a rental home has been very difficult. Anyone who knows of safe areas or possible homes for rent please let me know. I have inquired on a property located off Airline and East Texas near the mall. Is this a safe descent area? Are the schools for this area descent? Is there lot of crime in this area? The house is actually located on Ronald Street. Is this a run down area? Anyone, please help. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 09:41 AM

1,960 posts, read 4,664,339 times
The street you mention is actually accessed through shed road and airline. I live in an apt complex two streets east of ronald st. I wouldn't call this block of town decent. It's rather run-down. The apts where I live are a dated including the appliances, which I hate but I'm living on the cheap so that's my choice. That said, they are better than some I've seen in bossier and again I'm trying to live on the cheap for now. The location is great but the area is not an area I would call safe. The biggest problem really is the income-based apartments at the end of shed road and benton rd. Lots of night pedestrian traffic from those apartments and makes petty crime on this block high. I had my bicycle stolen and my car broken into in the first two months I lived here. That would have been enough to move for me but the fiance decided it sucks to move again so we're just staying put until we get sick of the riff raff. One more incident of petty crime and we'll probably cough up the extra 200/mo to live in the snobby but nicer (and gated) apartments in other areas of town.

Suspicious people crossing the parking lot of the apartment complex (it's not a gated complex where we live, yet the income based complex that's the source of most 'heat' around here IS!) causes the area in general to be a little suspect. I hate to say it but I openly square off (had to do it once before..military survival training kicks in I guess lol) at night to anybody who gets within 50 feet of my person or my finace in our parking lot, you can tell who doesn't live in the complex and just crossing by to break into cars, and I can accept that, but I can't accept anything happening to my family, so I have to live defensively. My point is that if we get some occasional heat on the corner of airline and shed all the way from shed and benton, your street of interest is dead-deep in that block. The houses in this area are small old sub-100K properties, the area is just not nice. I'm sure there are decent law abiding people in the neighborhood, but the area is just rough. I haven't seen many affordable house rentals in bossier city to be honest, I find them comparable to what a mortgage would run you on these properties. I think for renters in bossier, apartments are the way to go in my opinion. If you do decide to look for house rentals, be prepared to spend no less than 950 dollars/mo in ok neighborhoods and certainly upwards of 1000-12500/mo for the nice suburbs. Apartments in nice complexes can be found for 800-1200 between here and shreveport just off the barksdale bridge, anything less than that for a 2bed you're in places where I live, OK location but a little rough. Below 600/mo you're in the ghetto, plain and simple. Good luck

Last edited by hindsight2020; 04-14-2008 at 09:50 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City