U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2012, 09:29 PM

1 posts, read 3,442 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I am moving to the Shreveport area in April. I have read several posts and know I should look for housing in the North BOssier City area. Just wondering, I found a house in the Old Green Acres Place near the river, but is this a safe place to live as far as crime, safety, etc. I have a dog, will I be able to walk her and feel safe without a side-arm? without being molested or mugged? Will I feel safe leaving town without worrying that my house will be broken into? Any feedback is appreciated! According to some of these posts, staying away from Shreveport (which is considered "the Hood"), I have been advised to look for a location north of I-220. Is there other areas that might be worth looking into? I also see that to stay very south in Bossier is safe, but what is consicered the good part of "South Bossier"? Give me cross streets or near the AFB, etc. Thanks!!!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 07:00 PM

3,045 posts, read 7,586,140 times
There are two areas calling themselves greenacres place. North of 220 is just fine; south of 220 is good also down to about Douglas Dr and after that, well? Old Greenacres isn't bad (south of Douglas), but don't look near Riverwood Dr. I don't think you would as there is a marked difference in the demographics (income, property values, etc.; I'm not referring to race)

South Bossier is fine; esp. south of Jimmie Davis and Savannah Place which is north of Jimmie Davis. Wherreas North Bossier has the heavy traffic, south Bossier is not quite as bad but has a big bottleneck aka the Jimmie Davis bridge. Getting into Shreve in the morning and back to Bossier in the evening can try patience fast. My 10 mile drive to work is about 25 min long and the drive home is about 35 or 40. That is from south Bossier to south central Shreveport. If drivers would try and drive the speed limit (they drive too slow) and quit looking at the friggin' river it would be quicker.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:56 AM

595 posts, read 1,095,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noblejl View Post
Hi,
I am moving to the Shreveport area in April. I have read several posts and know I should look for housing in the North BOssier City area. Just wondering, I found a house in the Old Green Acres Place near the river, but is this a safe place to live as far as crime, safety, etc. I have a dog, will I be able to walk her and feel safe without a side-arm? without being molested or mugged? Will I feel safe leaving town without worrying that my house will be broken into? Any feedback is appreciated! According to some of these posts, staying away from Shreveport (which is considered "the Hood"), I have been advised to look for a location north of I-220. Is there other areas that might be worth looking into? I also see that to stay very south in Bossier is safe, but what is consicered the good part of "South Bossier"? Give me cross streets or near the AFB, etc. Thanks!!!!!
Where are You moving from?The respondse from kdwell(I hope I got that right)was good advice.Also where are You going to be working?Do You have children,other than Fido.You will not need to carry a side arm anywhere unless You want to rob someone LOL.This is a good area up here.

Old 02-24-2012, 11:01 PM

6 posts, read 11,445 times
Seems people are either Shreveport people or BC people. My husband and I moved here in 2010 and we love living in South Shreveport - loads of services, things to do, not far from base, not far from downtown. There are lots of solid neighborhoods in Shreveport. Most all the neighborhoods I see in BC are new construction past a bunch of trailers without a tree insight. We originally looked in the Greenacres area. It's totally fine, but we much prefer South Shreveport.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:19 AM

595 posts, read 1,095,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knilem View Post
Seems people are either Shreveport people or BC people. My husband and I moved here in 2010 and we love living in South Shreveport - loads of services, things to do, not far from base, not far from downtown. There are lots of solid neighborhoods in Shreveport. Most all the neighborhoods I see in BC are new construction past a bunch of trailers without a tree insight. We originally looked in the Greenacres area. It's totally fine, but we much prefer South Shreveport.
We moved to the country outside Benton ,just to the north and We love it here.Have been here since Christmass of 2011.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:09 PM

2 posts, read 3,401 times
Default bossier city suggestions...

bossier south of jimmie davis bridge road is nice, but north bossier or southsouth shreveport are the best growing & safest areas.Best of all is north bossier parish, outside of the city limits, into benton school district. best schools, good neighborhoods, sherrif deputies are nicer than bossier cops. But old greenacres
is better the further you go north of douglas drive and benton road. okay neighborhood! I watch for properties when they are for good pickins. there are few in north bossier inexpensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noblejl View Post
Hi,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City