U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 12:04 AM

2 posts, read 3,397 times

Advertisements

Find someone here in shreveport who could help.there is a guy here who finds good homes in good areas for people just like you. He is from shreveport and knows good areas to move depending on your needs and criteria. Good school district for your 10 yr old daughter for example, and benton school district is great. It's in N.bossier parish, north of bossier city about 5 miles. He has ad on craiglist as a reality bounty hunter finding homes for out of towners, renters etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellia10 View Post
I am a single mom with a ten year old daughter who may be offered a job as an engineer in Shreveport and I am considering accepting the job if offered.Iwould be relocating from Fort Lauderdale Florida.I do have a few questions though before I make this decision:are there any decent schools around the Shreveport area, public or even private.Also,where would be the best areas to consider living.I may also have to work some at night so is there affordable babysitting services?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 02:25 PM

974 posts, read 2,061,735 times
FWIW, you're responding to an August 2012 post. I'm pretty sure the shelf life on this thread is past due.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:51 AM

23 posts, read 142,528 times
I think all of the happy fertilizer talk about neighborhoods and churches should be tempered with the knowledge that the system here in River Cities (the whole area from Caddo through Webster Parishes) is a very corrupt and in your face way of governing and living. We have ex mayors, current mayors, ex da, current da, in just about all areas who make our so called evil tyrants like Khadaffi and Hussien seem like a benevolent Taylor Swift. We have the largest city with a downtown akin to a literal movie set. I mean, deadsville. The tax base in Shreveport is dwindling as most of the population of Shreveport are on the dole. One major neighborhood, Broadmoor, keeps the city afloat due to its sheer scope. Consequently, ex office holders have spent their graft money in buying up the property and keeping the prices inflated. All who can have hauled tail to Bossier where the property values are propped up by a regime of public and private figures who make Papa Doc Duvalier seem like Pope Francis I. We are talking rotten here, and it does effect the quality of life.

Old 03-21-2013, 02:56 AM

20 posts, read 24,817 times
I can honestly say that after being here for six months,I despise this area.The inhabitants here may actually be ruder and meaner than in Miami,and believe me that is saying something.At least Miami has something to offer which Shreveport does not.My daughter is having trouble fitting in with these bible thumping,hypocritical little roughnecks.The only thing that is keeping me here is a well paying job,but as soon as I can find another,I am out!

Old 03-27-2013, 02:20 PM

1,900 posts, read 2,844,650 times
Quote:
I can honestly say that after being here for six months,I despise this area.The inhabitants here may actually be ruder and meaner than in Miami,and believe me that is saying something.At least Miami has something to offer which Shreveport does not.My daughter is having trouble fitting in with these bible thumping,hypocritical little roughnecks.The only thing that is keeping me here is a well paying job,but as soon as I can find another,I am out!
COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER! Shreveport in EVERY way SUCKS!

Old 03-28-2013, 12:53 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,416,438 times
Quote:
Ouch, sorry that your experience was exactly the same as mine. At least you didn't have to put up with it for 30 years

Come to NOLA... TONS of engineering is needed here. There's not a whole lot of bible thumping here and everybody is MUCH MUCH nicer. I've never been in a nicer city, actually. The racial tension in Shreveport is just suffocating...

Old 03-31-2013, 11:01 AM

974 posts, read 2,061,735 times
Sorry for your experience. We do have our peculiarities in some folks (i.e. "redneck attitudes"). Hope U find some opportunities elsewhere that may be a better fit. I will say that even though Dallas area has it's share of similarities, it is population diverse and has tons more opportunity for engineers and not everyone is a Cowboys fan . Someone with your skills might find the metroplex a better fit. I know I would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City