U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2013, 01:33 PM

4 posts, read 3,761 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We are looking at moving to SHV/Bossier from North East Louisiana.

We were inclining towards SHV because of the magnet schools. I have two young kids who will start kindergarten in next couple of years.

We are from India and have lived in NELA for more than 10 years. I have heard that there is a vibrant Indian community there and also a hindu temple center.

After reading this forum we are just confused as most of the posts/suggestions is to consider Bossier city over SHV. We did hear that Bossier has good schools but none of them are magnate.

Also the houses that we are considering are new/comaparatively new so that it will have a good resale value.

Just really confused at this point.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 12:25 PM

Hmm. No replies yet

Old 07-31-2013, 03:44 PM

974 posts, read 2,076,987 times
Well what is your question? You haven't requested anything specific from this forum other than to state your observations from reading other posts in this forum. Seems like you have already found the info you need to make an assessment. If magnate schools are the most important thing to you, then you have your answer. But keep in mind (as others have pointed out) there is a waiting list to get accepted into a magnate school so if timing is of the essence, you'll need to consider that.

There are private schools as well that many people find as good as magnate schools. I know families in Bossier who've sent their kids to Catholic schools in Shreveport and were quite pleased with the academics.

Old 08-01-2013, 02:02 PM

Thanks. Is Cottage Ridge subdivision area a safe area ?

Old 08-02-2013, 01:00 PM

974 posts, read 2,076,987 times
Cottage Ridge Subdiv. backs up to the interstate. It's fairly safe in that it's fairly new and somewhat detached from other populated areas of town. That area south of Bert Kouns Ind. Loop and East of I-49 is the Ellerbe / Wallace Lake area. It is just south of Flournoy-Lucas / Inner Loop and E of I-49. . That area around the subdivision is mostly undeveloped for now but I'm sure that will change in the next few years.

For more on crime in Shreveport, here's the Shreveport Police Dept. interactive crime map.

Shreveport, LA - Official Website - Crime Map
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City