Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 06:00 PM

7 posts, read 53,135 times

Advertisements

I looked at lots last week in Stonewall, LA. south of Shreveport. Does anyone have opinions on the subdivision known as North Desoto Estates?
If not, any suggestions for other subdivisions in that general area.

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2007, 08:13 PM

768 posts, read 4,377,287 times
Actually I think that area is quite nice. I hope your visit went well and that you got a lot of information. I think you'd be happy there.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:28 AM

1 posts, read 9,648 times
Default Stonewall Area

Stonewall is one of the best kept secrets in Louisiana. I moved here over 25 years ago and it has grown to be a very nice community. North DeSoto Estates is a nice neighborhood but also look at The Settlement on Missle Base Road. If you're coming from Shreveport on I-49, go right at the Stonewall exit. Go approx. 1.7 miles to Missle Base Rd. You have to be ready because you will go over a hill and it will be right there on your right. (when you see Baker Rd, Sandpiper, and Kingfisher be on the ready) Go down Missle Base Rd. until you see the subdivision. It will be on your left. If you come from 171, Missle Base Rd will be on your left. This is a more rural area at the present time and is a very quiet country subdivision. Hope this helps.

Old 07-10-2008, 11:30 AM

1 posts, read 9,595 times
Hi! How in the heck do you get to North Desoto Estates? I would like to drive over and look and some houses that are for sale in North Desoto Estates, but i cant get any directions to come up using Mapquest!! Thanks so much!

Old 07-14-2008, 12:09 PM

8 posts, read 51,846 times
I am gonna be moving to the Stonewall, Keithville area pretty soon and would like to know if anybody has any ideas on rental houses...
My fiances job is transferring him to a plant in Mansfield and we dont wanna live in Mansfield but wanna find someplace in the Stonewall, Keithville area...
I have 4 kids and 2 of them are in school so I need to find something that is kid friendly...

Moderator cut: edit
Thanks, Rachael

Last edited by Sam I Am; 07-14-2008 at 07:40 PM.. Reason: temporarily lifted personal info - DM sent

Old 03-21-2009, 06:00 AM

2 posts, read 17,481 times
across rd from N.D. Schools in US 171

Old 03-21-2009, 06:02 AM

2 posts, read 17,481 times
Big difference in Stonewall or Keithville public schools. You will want stonewall.....

Old 03-21-2009, 09:47 AM

3,070 posts, read 7,991,541 times
I have heard plenty of good things about NDS schools. Stonewall is in DeSoto parish while Keithville is in Caddo. Between Keithville and Stonewall lies a lot of homes and businesses so it is hard to tell other than the parish line signs that they are two different towns.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:12 AM

768 posts, read 4,377,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdwell View Post
I have heard plenty of good things about NDS schools. Stonewall is in DeSoto parish while Keithville is in Caddo. Between Keithville and Stonewall lies a lot of homes and businesses so it is hard to tell other than the parish line signs that they are two different towns.
No doubt, that area confuses me. Just like Haughton-Princeton-Red Chute-Bossier along Highway 80. I get rather confused in areas where towns seem to touch and the lines are so blurred you don't really know where you are if you happen to miss the sign.

Old 03-21-2009, 12:35 PM

3,070 posts, read 7,991,541 times
Yes, SBC, we could use better more informative signage in the area. Why we don't have it could be that vandals steal or tear up, or , the DOT doesn't seem to think that anyone reads signs? I don't know, but I wish that we did have more signs installed. Do they just seem to assume we all know where everything is? As long as I've lived here, I sure don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City