Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 09:39 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,308,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
Lake Charles is far more stagnated. At least y'all have a nice downtown area and a decent highway system.
Yall have a loop, and a decent downtown. I'd rather live in LC than Shreveport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2017, 11:02 PM

3 posts, read 2,983 times
Shreveport bossier is more expensive then what it should be! Any house under 100 k is either ghetto or falling apart. Bossier water charges around 85 a month!

Old 01-12-2017, 03:27 PM

16 posts, read 29,500 times
Shreveport is my hometown, but I left years ago, as did most of my friends. Back then your options were either leave town, or go to work at GM. Most left for Texas, because that's where the opportunity was/is. I desperately wanted Shreveport to give me a reason to come back, but over the years it simply confirmed leaving was the best decision I ever made.

If anything, whenever I would visit home and meet up with what few friends still lived there, it made me want to shake them and say, "Dude. Why are you still here? There's a reason why you have no job. There is nothing here for you. It's all gone now, and it's never coming back."

Sadly, I've always said Shreveport is a great place to be "from".

Old 01-16-2017, 01:19 PM

787 posts, read 644,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset kid View Post
I could not have said it better than that.

I was born & raised in Shreveport, left 30 years ago, and never looked back other than to visit.
But where did you move to?

As a Californian, it seems quality of live is just flat out better over there.

Lower taxes
more affordable COL
more relaxed gun laws

everything else: social circles, leisure activities, you are largely in control of yourself wherever you go.

Old 01-16-2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodUsernamesWereTaken View Post
But where did you move to?

As a Californian, it seems quality of live is just flat out better over there.

Lower taxes
more affordable COL
more relaxed gun laws

everything else: social circles, leisure activities, you are largely in control of yourself wherever you go.
If all you want is lower taxes, and lax gun laws, then sure.
If you want a social circle other than mud riding and church, good luck, leisure other than church activities and hunting? Good luck.

Old 01-16-2017, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
If all you want is lower taxes, and lax gun laws, then sure.
If you want a social circle other than mud riding and church, good luck, leisure other than church activities and hunting? Good luck.
Pretty much.

Mudding is actually fun.

I can find a bar anywhere. The only social circle I will be looking for will be the first single blonde I can find.

I can pretty much live the way I want to live here, there, for much less. I still have a lot of pondering to do, but right now, I don't see many reasons to stay.

Old 01-16-2017, 11:31 PM

358 posts, read 710,872 times
Come on down. It's good livin' down here. Don't mind the too cool for school crowd that like to bash it.

It's off the map, yeah, and that can be a really good thing. Find your fun and live your life.

I grew up a big city. There's lots going on, true. But I appreciate slower places.

Old 01-18-2017, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodUsernamesWereTaken View Post
Pretty much.

Mudding is actually fun.

I can find a bar anywhere. The only social circle I will be looking for will be the first single blonde I can find.

I can pretty much live the way I want to live here, there, for much less. I still have a lot of pondering to do, but right now, I don't see many reasons to stay.
I'm not knocking mudding or hunting.

Most people over 25 will be married. Or a large amount, just like other slow paced areas.

If that's all you want then Shreveport is ok. I'd still much rather a place like Little Rock though. At least is pretty there.

Old 01-19-2017, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
I'm not knocking mudding or hunting.

Most people over 25 will be married. Or a large amount, just like other slow paced areas.

If that's all you want then Shreveport is ok. I'd still much rather a place like Little Rock though. At least is pretty there.
If most over 25 will be married, that leaves a very desirable age bracket for me, one in which I will confidently be more desirable than kids her age.

Sounds like a better deal every time I think about it.

The job I am considering is in that area so I wasn't looking to live too far. Little Rock sounds like a city, a little less appealing, I won't stand out as much most likely.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:26 AM

1 posts, read 1,755 times
Has the National Cyber Research Park and the Cyber Innovation Center, in Bossier City improved the quality of life in this area? I may potentially be interested in a position in Bossier City/Shreveport, but know next to nothing about the area, other than what I have read on here.

I am 36 and single, and was looking to relocate to an area with more opportunity and more to do than where I am currently from (North-Central West Virginia). I really enjoy live music, so I'm looking for somewhere with decent bars and music venues. Are there areas with live music that are safe to walk alone, at night?

Is it still true that smoking is basically allowed in all bars/restaurants in this area, or was I looking at old news? How is the quality/variety of restaurants in the areas? What types of things are there, for a single person to do?

I'm not trying to bash the area, because I know almost nothing about it. I would have the same questions and concerns for any area I may relocate to. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City