U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 03-19-2016, 06:20 PM
 
41 posts, read 85,605 times
Reputation: 25

Advertisements

Just out of curiosity, but is Shreveport like/similar to New Orleans( like people wise, pace wize, culture wise etc.) If not, can you contrast and compare the two cities? thanks!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-19-2016, 07:47 PM
 
Location: Denver
14,815 posts, read 21,572,446 times
Reputation: 9921
No, they are polar opposites. It's like comparing Melbourne and Moscow.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2016, 12:06 AM
 
Location: NWA/SWMO
3,105 posts, read 3,198,081 times
Reputation: 3259
Quote:
Originally Posted by camrongun View Post
Just out of curiosity, but is Shreveport like/similar to New Orleans( like people wise, pace wize, culture wise etc.) If not, can you contrast and compare the two cities? thanks!
No, not at all. New Orleans has culture, attractions, and is a great place to visit.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2016, 01:07 AM
 
Location: Atlanta Metro Area (Cherokee Co)
1,896 posts, read 2,606,417 times
Reputation: 1631
Shreveport: Small, racially divided, close knit communities full of close-minded people, mostly clean, religiously evangelical/baptist, spread out, enormous national chain presence with few local businesses(comparably), draws culture from East Texas with Dallas aspirations

New Orleans: Ethnically and historically diverse, architecturally unique, religiously catholic or non-religious, accepting, shaped by French/Spanish/African/Caribbean influence, urban/dense/walkable/bike-able, dirty in some areas, lackadaisical, highly localized economy(comparably), gentrifying and rebuilding, world-renown culture/cuisine/music of its own

The two could only be more different if they were in 2 different countries
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2016, 06:16 AM
 
Location: NWA/SWMO
3,105 posts, read 3,198,081 times
Reputation: 3259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly Gentilly View Post
Shreveport: Small, racially divided, close knit communities full of close-minded people, mostly clean, religiously evangelical/baptist, spread out, enormous national chain presence with few local businesses(comparably), draws culture from East Texas with Dallas aspirations

New Orleans: Ethnically and historically diverse, architecturally unique, religiously catholic or non-religious, accepting, shaped by French/Spanish/African/Caribbean influence, urban/dense/walkable/bike-able, dirty in some areas, lackadaisical, highly localized economy(comparably), gentrifying and rebuilding, world-renown culture/cuisine/music of its own

The two could only be more different if they were in 2 different countries
Shreveport is mostly clean?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2016, 07:32 AM
 
41 posts, read 85,605 times
Reputation: 25
Thanks for the reply guys! it helped a lot!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2016, 08:58 AM
 
Location: USA
2,894 posts, read 7,124,836 times
Reputation: 2122
More than anything else previously mentioned, Shreveport is mostly ho-hum. Not much to get excited about.
Although you would swear its the most republican place, Democrats usually win elections there in Shreveport proper.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2016, 10:15 AM
 
Location: Denver
14,815 posts, read 21,572,446 times
Reputation: 9921
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
Shreveport is mostly clean?
I was thinking the same. lol
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2016, 10:20 AM
 
Location: On the road
2,790 posts, read 2,244,846 times
Reputation: 3148
The best part of being in Shreveport is seeing it in your re-view mirror.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2016, 11:13 AM
 
Location: Atlanta Metro Area (Cherokee Co)
1,896 posts, read 2,606,417 times
Reputation: 1631
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
Shreveport is mostly clean?
Mostly, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
The best part of being in Shreveport is seeing it in your re-view mirror.
Accurate
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top