Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2007, 10:42 AM

450 posts, read 2,056,592 times

Advertisements

I have property on North T-Bend and plan to retire there in a few years. Mansfield is my nearest bigger town. But I will have to go to Shreveport for some medical. Here is my gripe. I have flown into the Shreveport airport several times now and rented an SUV to head south to Mansfield and T-Bend on Hwy 171. Leaving the airport it is pretty rundown and industrial. I do not see a whole lot of beauty urban wise on my trip south. I know there are nice areas of Shreveport and Bossier is nice, too. But is there anything closer to me on the south side that is a better neighborhood for a medical clinic or shopping? Just curious. Mansfield is getting a super Walmart. I am interested in the closest medical complex with hospital or good clinic to me at T-Bend and wonder if it is to be found anywhere in south Shreveport or at lest somewhere so I do not have to drive through the traffic of the main city. I hate big towns, quite frankly. How could I approach a good hospital or clinic and minimize my driving from Northern T-Bend/Mansfield? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2007, 10:52 PM

16 posts, read 96,475 times
The shopping area of Youree Drive (Hwy. 1 South) is the main shopping area w/ lots of stores, restaurants, big box stores, & a big Willis Knighton hospital & lots of Dr. offices. This is on the south edge of town.

Old 01-14-2007, 11:42 PM

768 posts, read 4,386,809 times
Not to mention, LSUS and the Port of Shreveport-Bossier are nearby. I-69 and the Inner Loop will also eventually tie in at the Port, making this area even more attractive to an assortment of different companies.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:06 PM

2 posts, read 9,326 times
We recently moved to Shreveport and because my husband works in Mansfield we chose the North DeSoto estates. But beware this subdivision has some really absurb restrictions that we were not made aware of before buying our home. If we had Known about them we would not have bought here. The area is nice and fairly convenient and there are several other subdivisions that could be considered. Wal Mart is 10 miles away and a trip into Shreveport takes about 20 min depending where you go.

Old 02-04-2007, 03:08 PM

450 posts, read 2,056,592 times
Default Thanks for the info. Anyone know about Provenance?

Once again the forum has come through with the stuff. I am still interested in any more info on the new community, Provenance. Also, has lignite mining been a problem in north Desoto or Red River Parish ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City