Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 05:51 AM

1 posts, read 5,509 times

Advertisements

I know alot of gang members in shreveport,especially the 5/9s and hover deuce crip from around the stoner hill and highland area.I remember getting involved in an agreement beetween the two.See i lived in highland and had alot of friends that were hoovers but i claimed 5/9.It was alright and we got along great smokin and drinkin together
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 10:52 PM

1 posts, read 5,275 times
bruh HGC still livin in cedar grxve, Hxxva nt dead bruh we out chea

5deuce/trell

Old 08-17-2011, 01:34 PM

392 posts, read 749,117 times
What a bunch of bullcrap. I feel sorry for most people stuck living in Shreveport around these kinds of people... What a disgrace to Louisiana.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:27 AM

1 posts, read 4,096 times
Im from stoner hill born in LSU Shreveport they call me elocc bang rollin 60s neighborhood crip trip with hoover and bloodz it aint how it is now wish I can bring it back.But life goes on

Old 11-03-2014, 03:19 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,222,624 times
The ignorance of Thugs and Gangs exist across this nation. Those with the low level of intellect to join and be a part of such self defeating ignorance will get what they expect. "Ignorance and the things which come unto those who choose such ignorance"

Thug and Gang ignorance is not confined to any particulr race or ethnicity - it's confined and saturated among the Ignorant. !!!

It's the 21st Century, The stupidity of Gangs has been profiled and displayed on every type of media and no matter what angle its viewed, still it slides into the make up of inhumane embraces of acts of self disrespect and utter stupidity". It's even more ignorant than the stupidity of "saggin pants" with one's underwear showing".
That a sign of a desire to choose "billigerence". Which ultimately demonstrates a disregard for the self and no respect for the public they parade around among, looking like a buffoon.

Godlinesss is about being clean and being orderly and maintaining a level of neatness it involve a sense of social respect and social respectability.

You won't find a Thug like Image sitting at any job in a Bank, nor at any business meeting for any corporation. ( except in the entertainment industry who caters to this stuff). But no business built to provide service to a broad base of customers will allow the thug imagery to sit in their office and certainly not to be a greeter at their counter.

If one goes into a business and the atomsphere has the thug tonality, it is for certain, the self respecting person will quickly turn and exit the place.

When you see this thuggish imagery on a community street if it remains present, over time all it will do is cause the property values to drop and eventually the community will began to fall, because the mentality of Thuggery is that which generates a ghetto atomsphere.

Those who pursue and chase down being a Thug, and Gang Banger are unware that a wasted life cannot regain the time wasted, and once one absorbs themselves into the sickness of this mentality of chasing the aims to be a thug, age will bring them a level of despair which they will find many regrets for the years and days they spent chasing the dream of being a thug; if they live that long.

The only thing awakens some is The Jail. Where they are counted like sheep being lined up to be shaved, controlled in a cage and managed like they were a slave under house arrest in a house of cages with others who chase the same stupidity.
After a few years, then some decide by the force of despair to want to change, some because of the loss of life to even see natural sunlight, then comes the want to awaken and learn how to be a social and civil human being.

There is no excuse for being an imbecile, nor for being ignorant. "You don't need money to learn" so don't try and use that as an excuse, Libraries are free, Access to the internet is available where one can invest time and learn to become proficient at anything they desire to do, there are books on any subject one is interested to learn, there are DVD and even YouTube is available for those who choose the learn, to become one who is a contributor in society.

We have the ignorance now of kids dropping out of school, chasing the delusion of thuggery, unaware they are investing their life into a level of ignorance, of which it will take a lifetime to shed away.
When many can't form a clear and concise sentence when speaking, or read a paragraph, yet, to be so billigerent to think they can drop out of school is pure crazy, yet people in foreign countries are struggling by every means to get to any kind of school they can, and they are proud to go everyday. yet we have people here, who can't functionally communicate in a civil society or hold their head up with respect as a person who has the ability to communicate and share the gaining and exploration of knowledge with another.

It's amazing how people can watch TV and not see there is a better more sane way to live, than being a street thug.

Even Foreigners come to this country and learn to speak the language, yet we have thugs who spend their time trying to find ways to abuse the language. Thinking themselves cool... and the only thing "cool" produces is a fool !!!.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 11-03-2014 at 03:59 PM..

Old 06-05-2015, 05:58 PM

1 posts, read 3,489 times
Imoved to Bossier from Detroit in the mid 80s..Bloods/Crips have been active there from at least the mid 80s.. I also remember the Hamels incident ..was there in the flesh.. Dont sleep on Shreveport..Bossier has more police, & they dont play wit cha..but still have some bangers over there as well...Crips on 2500 & Riverwood...Bloods in Jacks Quarters Swan Lake etc

Old 06-06-2015, 08:33 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,986,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hank0604 View Post
Well after watching a "Gangland" marathon on the History Channel, I'm getting curious about gang activity in Shreveport. When I was growing up there, we were always warned about it, but I never really experienced any of it (except for a bunch of white kids in Dogwood that called themselves the DWP--Dogwood Policy--and stole kid's bikes). Here in Chicago, on the other hand, you see sets all over the place.

Anyway, does anyone have any knowledge or experience with gang activity in Shreveport? Maybe there's a police officer on the forum who can enlighten me? A couple google searches haven't turned up much, just a few references to Crips/Bloods in old news articles.
As far as I know, Shreveport/Bossier is more of a trash town than a gang town. That is, random thugs and their buddies loot/steal/kill people randomly. There isn't anything as organized as an actual "gang", although I'm sure there are members of the larger gangs in this country sprinkled throughout, but they aren't the most active.

Old 06-06-2015, 08:36 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,986,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktulu7 View Post
What a bunch of bullcrap. I feel sorry for most people stuck living in Shreveport around these kinds of people... What a disgrace to Louisiana.
+1

I hated the whole state until I actually traveled down south and saw that LA wasn't "one big Shreveport". Now I just realize I lived in a cancer that is growing in LA. Had I lived elsewhere, I may have never left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City