U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2009, 06:05 PM

30 posts, read 94,904 times

Advertisements

I recieved a text today saying, "S'port &Bossier police are advising women not to go to Wal Mart in because of a possible gang initiation where 3 women would be shot", then later I heard some girls got beat up.

Being the paraniod person I am, does anyone know if there is any truth to any of this?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 06:31 PM

425 posts, read 1,376,324 times
snopes.com: Gang Targets Women at Wal-Mart

Not true, don't worry

Old 03-18-2009, 06:37 PM

Thanks so much

Old 03-18-2009, 06:38 PM

772 posts, read 4,244,899 times
Clearly, as hank0604 pointed out, this is false. There are gangs out there whose initiations do involve killing random people, but it's not going to be announced like this. Usually when this happens, the gang doesn't even know how it's going to happen, they just end up rolling up on some unsuspecting person somewhere in [insert large city or small town here] and kill them in cold blood.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:42 PM

Yeah, ya know my first thought was..."well why would the police know this was going to happen", but being a small town girl who knows nothing about gangs or any violence really I still got a little worried! I need to get over being so paranoid all the time!!

Old 03-18-2009, 09:47 PM

By the way, strangely enough there was a piece about this on the 10:00 news tonight. I don't remember the channel, probably KSLA (12) or KTBS (3).

Old 03-19-2009, 07:27 AM

180 posts, read 639,202 times
I recently heard the same thing in Maryland. Obviously snopes-worthy.

I will say that the Wal-Mart at Youree & Bert Kouns could be a little rough at night when I lived around there. I've actually seen prostitutes working near the door.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejamon View Post
I recently heard the same thing in Maryland. Obviously snopes-worthy.

I will say that the Wal-Mart at Youree & Bert Kouns could be a little rough at night when I lived around there. I've actually seen prostitutes working near the door.
I used to see some really interesting people at that store, day and night, when I lived nearby. If you want to go to a Wal-Mart at night and feel unsafe, go to the one on Airline Drive. I grew up near that Wal-Mart, so I used to go there a lot in the late evenings and always felt the need to look over my shoulder in the parking lot.

Old 03-19-2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBCmetroguy View Post
I used to see some really interesting people at that store, day and night, when I lived nearby. If you want to go to a Wal-Mart at night and feel unsafe, go to the one on Airline Drive. I grew up near that Wal-Mart, so I used to go there a lot in the late evenings and always felt the need to look over my shoulder in the parking lot.
Really?? Thats usually the one I opt to go to at night. Of course I have only been to that one and the Shreve City one so.

Old 03-19-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHGirl87 View Post
Really?? Thats usually the one I opt to go to at night. Of course I have only been to that one and the Shreve City one so.
There have been a LOT of muggings in the parking lot of the Bossier City one. This is no urban legend, so heed that warning. Nothing to get scared or upset over, just don't let your guard down. It's too close to the areas where I grew up, which are bad neighborhoods. BUT there are also a lot of nice neighborhoods within a short distance as well. The biggest problem is that it's within walking distance of the Riverwood projects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City