Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2015, 03:43 PM

48 posts, read 78,066 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any info on this area? Is it a generally safe are and within commuting distance to LSU Shreveport University Hospital? I am looking for a 1 year commitment so I'm probably not going to be looking into buying anything. I want to know how much crime generally happens in this particular area? I know its gated and everything, but that doesn't mean a whole lot because someone could just go ahead and run behind you to enter the premises. I was also wondering how traffic would be commuting to uni health in the morning?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 06:54 PM

3 posts, read 2,788 times
I live fairly close to this area. Although the area gets questionable the farther you travel down Knight St toward Shreve City/S'port Barksdale, I would highly recommend Champion Lake. I've had several friends that lived there and have spent a fair amount of time in the complex. It is located very close to the Broadmoor area which is a fabulous neighborhood. I would say the commute to LSUHSC is about 10-15 minutes given morning traffic. Kings Hwy can get congested but it's fast moving. Great place to live, safe, lovely & quiet residents, great view. Farther from the interstate but Clyde Fant can pretty much get you anywhere quickly within reason. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:50 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,990,697 times
Why not just buy a house if you want to burn $1k/mo? They are stoopid expensive. Yes, that area is as safe as Shreveport can be without being in a high-class (for the location) area. Yes, the commute is reasonable to University Health. I lived at Orlean's Square which was also safe, closer to LSUSUH, and cost me $465/mo for my studio (yes, it was of lesser quality, but you don't move to SBC for "quality"). Screw wasting money to live anywhere in Shreveport. Do it as cheap as you can. If you're moving there for the pump-and-dump because that hospital is offering the highest pay in the area currently as a last-ditch effort, why waste money on an apartment?

From Clyde, I can be anywhere in SBC within 20 minutes any time, any day. Traffic in that area just isn't bad, depending on what you're used to.

Old 05-13-2015, 03:33 AM

48 posts, read 78,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
Why not just buy a house if you want to burn $1k/mo? They are stoopid expensive. Yes, that area is as safe as Shreveport can be without being in a high-class (for the location) area. Yes, the commute is reasonable to University Health. I lived at Orlean's Square which was also safe, closer to LSUSUH, and cost me $465/mo for my studio (yes, it was of lesser quality, but you don't move to SBC for "quality"). Screw wasting money to live anywhere in Shreveport. Do it as cheap as you can. If you're moving there for the pump-and-dump because that hospital is offering the highest pay in the area currently as a last-ditch effort, why waste money on an apartment?

From Clyde, I can be anywhere in SBC within 20 minutes any time, any day. Traffic in that area just isn't bad, depending on what you're used to.

As long as the area is safe and not so far from the hospital that's what's important. I will check that complex out. How is the safety in Orleans Squares?
Thanks

Old 05-13-2015, 08:32 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,990,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by as90 View Post
As long as the area is safe and not so far from the hospital that's what's important. I will check that complex out. How is the safety in Orleans Squares?
Thanks
I lived in Orlean's Square for about 7 years. During that 7 years, I never once saw a fight, but the police did come through looking for people who had been in one, late one night. I never heard of the resolution to that, or if it was a fight or just messing around like an idiot.

I did observe a domestic dispute. It was loud, but as far as I could tell, there was no violence involved.

I know someone's apartment got broken into and a TV stolen, but rumor has it that the person knew the person. It wasn't a random crime. Could happen anywhere.

It was safe there, as far as I was concerned. I never felt uncomfortable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
View detailed profiles of: