Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2009, 08:23 AM

13 posts, read 36,779 times

Advertisements

My search of senior housing in Shreveport/Bossier has revealed one of two things. Either apartments are limited to Section 8 low income or they are the Waterford type place with so many ameneties you can't afford to live there. Where does a senior citizen find a safe apartment limited to those over 55 which are in between these two alternatives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 06:18 PM

425 posts, read 1,431,796 times
Try broadening your search to include townhomes and garden homes. There are many little TH/GH subdivisions on the south side of LSUS. All of those homes will be owned by individuals though, so just drive around the area looking for "for rent" signs. You should be able to find some small 2 or 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom patio homes with garage parking for less than $1000 a month, even down to $600-700 if you look at townhomes.

Old 06-05-2009, 02:02 AM

13 posts, read 94,243 times
I agree with the earlier post. I used to live a little down past LSUS and I loved it. The neighborhood was quiet and it was so convenient to everything-shopping, food, grocery. I stayed in Town South Villas apartments. The rent was pretty cheap. There are some other apartments down that way-Orleans,Canterburry Place. Like earlier stated, drive around and see if there are for rent signs for townhomes or single family homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City