Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 02:54 PM

3 posts, read 8,408 times

Advertisements

I have a job interview next week in Sioux Falls and was wondering if I could get some feedback on the area. I have been reading the other postings on this site and it looks like everyone loves the place. I currently live in Hillsboro OR (20 miles W of Portland). Any information will be helpful.

Thank you.
Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 02:56 PM

3 posts, read 8,408 times
Can anyone tell me the best part of town to look for a house? I am married with two active boys and two dogs so I need some space and hopefully a nice yard. Thanks for the help.

Mike

Old 03-06-2011, 01:57 AM

2,398 posts, read 5,390,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mheck74 View Post
Can anyone tell me the best part of town to look for a house? I am married with two active boys and two dogs so I need some space and hopefully a nice yard. Thanks for the help.

Mike
Mike, I lived in Sioux Falls for 6 years. You'll like it there!
Avoid anything near downtown. If you need more specifics, let me know. Anything outside of the downtown bubble is good, with the exception of North Cliff Avenue. Sioux Falls really doesn't have bad areas. The downtown and North Cliff areas are the ones to avoid.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:56 AM

697 posts, read 1,277,577 times
I don't live there but am forced to visit the town but I would skip the whole dam town if I were you if the "i am better than you" (they don't like farmers)attitude doesn't get you, the potholes will-- look at some of the smaller towns around.

I should say those feelings/thoughts were presented to me on another forum based out of SF

Old 03-07-2011, 05:28 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,584,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the old man View Post
I don't live there but am forced to visit the town but I would skip the whole dam town if I were you if the "i am better than you" (they don't like farmers)attitude doesn't get you, the potholes will-- look at some of the smaller towns around.

I should say those feelings/thoughts were presented to me on another forum based out of SF
I care not for Sioux Falls. Their attitiude annoys those of us who really are. Sioux Falls is okay. However it is not the best town on the Midwest. If I was going to live somewhere I'd pick either Omaha or the twin cities. I'd prefer the twin cities for the setting.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:45 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,351,252 times
I'm not a big fan of Sioux Falls either. If I was moving to the area, I'd rather live in one of the small towns surrounding Sioux Falls.

I can't stand the Twin Cities.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
I'm not a big fan of Sioux Falls either. If I was moving to the area, I'd rather live in one of the small towns surrounding Sioux Falls.

I can't stand the Twin Cities.
I don't mind it. It seems the only time I end up in MSP in February or March.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:07 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,528,975 times
I like Sioux Falls, but if I wanted to move away from the Black Hills I'd just move back to Omaha.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
I like Sioux Falls, but if I wanted to move away from the Black Hills I'd just move back to Omaha.
I'd vote some place warm. Warm year round with no such thing as snow.

Old 03-09-2011, 05:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,586 times
I am looking to relocate to Sioux falls and although I have a phone interview for a job I don't really know what the average "decent" rate of pay is..... I'm also looking to rent for 6 months or so, until I get to know the area... I am "older" (52) and will be living alone (taking my daughter's dog- she's going into the Navy) I have been out there during the winter and don't mind it at all. Does anyone know of someplace I could rent a townhome or condo with a patio for the pooch?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls