Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 08:13 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,918,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post
Haha! Welcome to South Dakota! I don't think the DMV teaches parking very well... or even at all! There's always one bumpkin with his 4 ton dually pickup that just has to mess it all up for the rest of us!

Once he leaves, the parking lot is still all messed up!
I see this all of the time in Sioux Falls. The worst offenders are those with the big SUVs that are too big (in size) to begin with in my opinion.

I usually steer clear of parking on the open spot next to the vehicle a bit over its parking spot due to my phobia of door dings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 09:11 PM

230 posts, read 626,059 times
Here's something else...

What is it with Sioux Falls turning into the last shopping day before Christmas EVERY weekend ?? I swear to God that there are very few people in the stores and around town in general during the week, but come the weekend, there are people from Minnesota, Iowa, and Nebraska. I've never seen a 2 hour wait at a freaking Applebee's in my life. It is amazing !!!

Besides that, things are going well and just getting settled in the new job...

Mark...

Old 03-10-2008, 11:04 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,421,512 times
Mark, glad to hear you're getting settled. Sx. Falls is the popular shopping town for a huge area. Even people from Mitchell and every direction from here go to Sx. Falls to shop. I guess they have so much more variety there. I personally don't know cause I'm not into the shopping thing.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:41 AM

193 posts, read 785,891 times
Yeah, restaurants are crazy busy on the weekends. I don't think anyone knows how to cook anymore in Sioux Falls. Have you gone to Texas Roadhouse yet? That place is nuts. You need to make sure you do call ahead seating for that place. Even when you do that, you'll wait for about 10 minutes to get in. If you don't call before coming, though, be prepared for a two hour wait.
Shopping is something people from about 150 mile radius does on the weekends. The mall is crazy! Go there during the week. Shopping during the week is like a ghost town then.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:55 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,405,836 times
Yeah, it's bad on the weekends here...All of the out-of-towners come to shop...I'd avoid the area around 41st & Louise Avenue...
And the best time to do any shopping at the mall, retail stores, etc., is during the week....for some reason the "out of towners" like to come here on Saturday... I work in retail...

YouTube - Dumb and Drummer Aberdeen, SD Bad parking
sorry i had to post this...Jammie might remove it
Grew up near Aberdeen...

Last edited by Jammie; 03-12-2008 at 09:16 AM.. Reason: Merged. It seems to be within the rules

Old 03-11-2008, 10:46 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,705,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgustafson View Post

YouTube - Dumb and Drummer Aberdeen, SD Bad parking
sorry i had to post this...Jammie might remove it
Grew up near Aberdeen...
OMG! That is the funniest video I have ever seen! There is absolutely no excuse for those terrible parking jobs! There's not even any snow on the ground and you can clearly see the lines!

Please don't remove this video! It's too funny!

Old 03-11-2008, 11:01 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,918,930 times
The video is quite a sight. It shows that there are quite a few people who need to take driver's ed again and learn how to park. I remember that the college parking lots are bad (espcially USD) and there are people who have the nerve to park within an inch or two of my car and do not care about other's property. My car had a few door dings from those goofy people. There are some who park in two spots when parking is limited in student parking and some have a hard time finding a parking space when this happens.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:00 PM

230 posts, read 626,059 times
Sad part about that video is (from what I have seen) that it is spot on with the people here in Sioux Falls as well. While I completely understand the whole snow on the ground concept, there are just as many times that I have seen the same thing that video shows. I mean how stupid do you have to be ?? Oh well... Things are great and now I'm looking into getting back into some college courses. Take care.

Mark...

Old 03-13-2008, 09:44 PM

19,723 posts, read 10,487,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GI_Mark View Post
Here's something else...

What is it with Sioux Falls turning into the last shopping day before Christmas EVERY weekend ?? I swear to God that there are very few people in the stores and around town in general during the week, but come the weekend, there are people from Minnesota, Iowa, and Nebraska. I've never seen a 2 hour wait at a freaking Applebee's in my life. It is amazing !!!

Besides that, things are going well and just getting settled in the new job...

Mark...
Just wait until about 22dec2008, and then tell us about ''CHRISTMAS SHOPPING'' and traffic, in the big city......lol

Old 03-16-2008, 05:04 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,405,836 times
I got a kick out of the video...because one of the guys is a member of Lonestar... but I'm not a huge fan of country music
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls