Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 10:16 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,425,709 times

Advertisements

It's good to hear from you again, Mark.

I'm really awful at choosing gifts for someone. My thoughts are something like a nice pic of Mt. Rushmore since it is a Shrine of Democracy. I've seen some of an eagle flying over the Monument and thought they are nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 11:21 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,029,812 times
Mark, you mentioned he is retiring. Does he hunt or fish? Maybe a new rod, reel and tackle box combination would give him the idea that he needs to relax and go fishing?

Is he leaving the area? If so, maybe a travel computer. I have one made by AAA that gives rest areas, motels, restaurants, complete with phone numbers for reservations and stuff. You put in the road your on, the mile marker your at and then you can ask it all kinds of questions. I paid less then $25 for it.

Remember, if he's retiring, he has a significant other that supported him through thick and thin. Maybe a combination gift of something that both can use. Course, you officially give it to him, but you know she'll be using it also.

I always refrain from buying something for the house because invariably it doesn't match their decor. haha

Old 04-22-2008, 02:41 PM

205 posts, read 729,049 times
How about a gift basket of South Dakota products? Most people like food, and it can be tailored to specific tastes and budget. You could make it up yourself, or have it made by a local provider.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:15 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,029,812 times
Ok. I sell Salsa on the net. Make my living at it. I'm willing to donate a pint of the good stuff. Just give me an address.

Oh crap. Now you're going to have all the rest of the mods want'n some. hahahaha

If this person, try's some salsa. It's all she wrote. I sell salsa that screams "More". Try some and all you want is more. But, I'm willing to donate a pint or two to a fellow soldier that has done his job.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:23 PM

19,723 posts, read 10,489,958 times
hey, Mark!
so glad to see post from you!, I think of you & your family often.....curious if you've ''adjusted'' to ''the big city!'' ......haha......
may I suggest a bottle of South Dakota wine?
my hubby would say lunch @ Nick's gyro's on 41st.....lol

Old 09-22-2008, 09:54 PM

5 posts, read 11,440 times
Ohh how i miss South Dakota i really took it for granite, now i would do about anything too get back there, i make good money here in wyoming driving truck for an energy company and own a nice big house, but i am sooo miserable casper has 50,000 people and nothing too do besides watch the wind blow, how depressing.Their isnt enough prozac on the planet too make me happy and like this place.
Sioux Falls allways impressed me the people and the activities it has. I remember the vibe i got their i loved it. As a youth our baseball team from rapid city would come down their every summer and get spanked badd, but i didnt care i loved the city.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:16 PM

60 posts, read 242,577 times
Thank you for your service, to this great country -- unlike G.W. Bush, Obama, Cheney,and Clinton. You are a "real" leader, and you will be a great asset to any community you reside in.

Thank You

Old 09-22-2008, 11:05 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,425,709 times
Casper, have you thought about moving back? Since you drive truck, it may not matter where you're located. AND if it does, Sx. Falls has a very low unemployment rate.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:11 AM

230 posts, read 626,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikie View Post
Thank you for your service, to this great country -- unlike G.W. Bush, Obama, Cheney,and Clinton. You are a "real" leader, and you will be a great asset to any community you reside in.

Thank You
Thank you...

I enjoy being a Soldier and have been blessed in the fact that I believe being a good Soldier has helped me be a good husband and father and vice versa.

I will miss this when I retire in a couple of years. I know it already !!!

Old 09-23-2008, 07:53 PM

5 posts, read 11,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Casper, have you thought about moving back? Since you drive truck, it may not matter where you're located. AND if it does, Sx. Falls has a very low unemployment rate.
Jammie i dont think i can make as much as i do here plus im home just about every night ive looked at the job postings there and none can compare too what im earning here so i might have too downsize if i can get there it would probably be worth it....i miss home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls