Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 10:10 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,317,556 times

Advertisements

Deby, you're right. Qwest offers it as a bundle and the cost is $99 plus tax for the first year. I believe it comes to something like $112 with all the taxes. BUT I have no idea what the cost is after that first year. We had it at one time, but they have MSN and contrary to most people's preference, we like AOL. We actually have our phone and our connection through Qwest. My guess is that Sx. Falls would be the same way. Qwest provides DSL.

Midcontinent now has fiber optic in the town I live in and they also have a bundle. I'm just not sure what Sx. Falls has to offer, but my guess is that since we have fiber optic, they do, too. (Probably before we did) Their cost is the same as Qwest's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2007, 11:27 AM

1,961 posts, read 6,896,074 times
Prariewave is another option and would be comparable to Qwest and Midcontinent. The company has service in Sioux Falls. Given the choice of three, I would pick Midcontinent due it having good options and service. I currently have Prairiewave and have not had bad luck and a little cheaper than what I paid for Midcontinent in another city. For more information about Prairiewave, go to PrairieWave Communications: Telephone, Cable, Internet and click on services and it asks you for the town you want to chose.

Old 12-08-2007, 09:44 PM

230 posts, read 624,587 times
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the information !!! 43 days !!!

Mark...

Old 12-21-2007, 05:20 AM

Ok, I did a little research and have a fitness question...

Does anyone here belong to a fitness center ?? There are a few in Sioux Falls that have indoor running tracks and those are the ones that interest me. I'm use to being on an Army Post that has a physical fitness center, but obviously I won't have that when I get to Sioux Falls. Can anyone tell me anything about Sanford, Avera McKennan (sp), or the YMCA ?? I looked on the web, but am more interested in a personal opinion. I have to stay fit and need a place for myself and wife when we get there. Thanks again !!!

Mark...

Old 12-22-2007, 11:37 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,390,449 times
hey Mark, i've always wanted to join one here, but just never got around to it. Sorry I can't give a personal opinion...but I know they just built a new Family YMCA center on the west side of town on Ellis Road, I think its associated with Sanford...as Sioux Falls grows, I've seen numerous fitness gyms springing up on the southern end of town...

Old 12-30-2007, 10:42 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,896,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GI_Mark View Post
Ok, I did a little research and have a fitness question...

Does anyone here belong to a fitness center ?? There are a few in Sioux Falls that have indoor running tracks and those are the ones that interest me. I'm use to being on an Army Post that has a physical fitness center, but obviously I won't have that when I get to Sioux Falls. Can anyone tell me anything about Sanford, Avera McKennan (sp), or the YMCA ?? I looked on the web, but am more interested in a personal opinion. I have to stay fit and need a place for myself and wife when we get there. Thanks again !!!

Mark...
I think that all three have a lot to offer. When I was checking for gyms, I found the Family Wellness on Ellis Rd. to be a nice facitly but expensive relative to other facilities. Sanford's wellness center on W. 49th St. is a nice, middle of the road, fitness center. Avera McKennan has a nice fitness place from what I have heard. My mother is a member and has good things to say about it. YMCA has a facility downtown. It is handy if you work downtown or like to hang out downtown, which has nice restaurants and shops. Sioux Empire Fitness, a little to the south of Sanford Wellness, is a little cheaper but offers a number of options, but is a little older but the prices are a hare lower than Sanford. I work out there and want someplace basic. It is also handy.

Sioux Falls has a Bodyworks, a 24 hr. controlled-access gym and Tryon Gym (in several locations). It would be good to check the different places out and draw your own conclusions.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:29 AM

Thanks for the responses and a Happy New Year to you all !!!

I'll be home in a few weeks and can't wait !!!

Mark...

Old 01-01-2008, 09:30 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,317,556 times
GI Mark, HAPPY NEW YEAR to you over there. I'll bet you're counting the days and we're all keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:10 AM

Hello again everyone !!! Well, we are getting close (a little better than a couple of weeks) and things are going well for us. I do have another question for the people in Sioux Falls though...

I would like to know if any of you have heard of any of these pediatricians:
Dr. Michael Elliot
Dr. Christiane Maroun
Dr. Rick Kooima
Dr. Shannon Hoime
Dr. Wilfredo Veloria

With the Military healthcare the way it is, these are the ones listed for me to choose from. There were about 3 more, but they weren't board certified. If anyone can lend some assistance about the above listed names, it would be greatly appreciated !!! If not, so be it and I thank you anyway !!! Hope you are all enjoying the New Year !!!

Mark...

Old 01-06-2008, 12:19 AM

18,700 posts, read 41,879,923 times
Gotta throw some humor into this. GI, are you pregnant? Damn, this is a different military then what I was used to. hahaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls