Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 05:10 AM

230 posts, read 624,257 times

Advertisements

Going back and rereading the start of that post, I could see that !!! Good one !!!

Anyway, I was referring to how much time I have left in Afghanistan and the pediatrician is for my soon to be 15 month old. When there is no Military Treatment Facility to use, you can choose from the Doctors contracted by the Military to take care of Servicemembers and their families when in remote locations. The only thing is, you have no idea who the Doctors on the list are, hence my inquisition... Heck, they had 3 doctors listed that weren't even board certified pediatricians, so I took them off the list to start with...

Again, pretty funny !!!

Mark...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2008, 05:40 AM

18,691 posts, read 41,853,816 times
I got a chuckle out of it. haha 15 month old, you are one lucky person. Been a while since I had some younguns. Wish I still had some. Snot knosed brats that they are, but owe boy do I wish I still had some.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:06 PM

Actually, I consider myself very lucky !!! I didn't start having kids until later in life, as I'm going to be 38 in March and would like to have one more little one sometime later this year. Thankfully my better half is younger than me !!!

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to getting back and moving to Sioux Falls. I left for my train up 2 weeks after my little dude was born, had another week at Christmas of 2006, and then 2 more weeks when I went home for midtour. So doing the math, I've spent 5 weeks with my 15 month old. I missed all the "firsts", but am actually thankful that he didn't know that I was even gone and has no idea of what I have been doing.

So YES, I'm lucky, because now I get to go be Daddy !!! I can't wait, but I think this is where the real war might begin !!! Ha ha ha !!!

Mark...

Old 01-06-2008, 12:27 PM

19,720 posts, read 10,442,797 times
hey, Mark!
what medical facility will your insurance use? Make sure the ped. ''practises'' in the hosp. you will go to.
Sioux falls also has an exellent Pediatric Dental Facility, while I can't think of the name, I could Drive you to the building!
How many days, until you are stateside??
How long until you get to SF SD?

Old 01-06-2008, 01:07 PM

You know your tour has been too long when you go home and one of the kids says, "Mom, that one guy is here."

Quote:
Originally Posted by GI_Mark View Post
Actually, I consider myself very lucky !!! I didn't start having kids until later in life, as I'm going to be 38 in March and would like to have one more little one sometime later this year. Thankfully my better half is younger than me !!!

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to getting back and moving to Sioux Falls. I left for my train up 2 weeks after my little dude was born, had another week at Christmas of 2006, and then 2 more weeks when I went home for midtour. So doing the math, I've spent 5 weeks with my 15 month old. I missed all the "firsts", but am actually thankful that he didn't know that I was even gone and has no idea of what I have been doing.

So YES, I'm lucky, because now I get to go be Daddy !!! I can't wait, but I think this is where the real war might begin !!! Ha ha ha !!!

Mark...

Old 01-06-2008, 10:35 PM

It's actually pretty funny because when we got the internet a few months ago, I was able to start using the webcam to see my wife and son. Well, when I log onto yahoo, it makes the yodeling YAHOOOOO sound. My wife always says, there's Daddy and my son has gotten to the point when he hears the yodel, he runs to the computer saying, "DADA"... It's pretty amusing...

We are in a pretty remote location on the Pakistan border, but occasionally I get to talk to them as well. When I was home on midtour, I would play this game with my son where I would sit on the couch and lift him over my head to see himself in the mirror over the couch and say, "Who's that dude?" and he would just crack up laughing. So when I call every here and there, my wife puts the phone to his ear and we play the "Who's that Dude?" game and he still laughs. So he knows !!! His laugh is quite possibly the coolest thing I have ever heard in my life !!!

Anyway, the healthcare benefits we have will cover anything the doctors do, as long as we use one of the providers listed. So, the facility doesn't really matter. If I remember correctly, all the ones listed are out of Avera...

We are due to be stateside in about two weeks from tomorrow give or take, depending on the flight schedules. I have to go back to Fort Riley for 5 days to outprocess, since that is where we did our 3 months of train up prior to our 12 month deployment. After that, we are going to spend a couple of weeks in Cincinnati with the family and then the movers are coming. I hope to be in Sioux Falls between the 14th and 16th of February. I don't have to go back to work until the beginning of March, so I will have time to help get things set up and spend some time with my wife and son !!! I can't wait !!!

Mark...

Old 01-06-2008, 10:52 PM

Brother, bring it home. Your boy needs you and we will welcome you.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:48 AM

3,940 posts, read 14,657,608 times
Best of luck to you on your return home and I am sure you will enjoy Sioux Falls. Valentine's Day is a great time to be there because I am sure you will fall in love with it!

Old 01-07-2008, 01:59 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,299,182 times
We're all so glad that you'll be coming back to the States soon. It'll be so nice for you to be back with your family again and your little boy sounds like a little sweetie.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:13 AM

Thanks guys !!!

Anyone else happen to know anything about those Doctors I listed ??

Thanks again !!!

Mark...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls