Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 10:29 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,358,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GI_Mark View Post
Thanks guys !!!

Anyone else happen to know anything about those Doctors I listed ??

Thanks again !!!

Mark...
Unfortunately I don't. The only Sioux Falls doctors I can help you with are neurosurgeons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 09:57 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,904,480 times
I am not familiar with the doctors listed, but would mention that both Avera McKennan and Sanford are excellent hospitals and would do a good job. Each hospital has its strengths. I am biased towards Avera McKennan with a family member working there. Sanford is making a big push recently to focus on the care of infants and children. One of my coworkers has a kid who had medical problems and took her to Sanford. She was pleased with the care.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:07 AM

230 posts, read 625,117 times
Great, thank you very much. Like I said, the Doctors listed are out of Avera, so I am not to concerned based upon my research to this point. Thanks again...

Mark...

Old 01-08-2008, 03:52 AM

47 posts, read 225,037 times
As far as being healthy and staying away from doctors, walk and/or run as much as possible. Don't just sit around or lay around. Stay away from bars with unssavory characters.

This is just some friendly advice.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:10 AM

Um, not sure where you are going with that, but thanks !!!

Mark...

Old 01-08-2008, 11:54 AM

19,720 posts, read 10,463,483 times
Mark....thinking about you....and hoping everything goes smooth.....Sioux Falls, and South Dakota await you, and your family!

Old 01-08-2008, 12:11 PM

18,700 posts, read 41,926,971 times
Mark, we are awaiting your arrival, safe and sound. Been there, done that, so I know what you are going through. Here's awaiting your safe arrival. Moving to Sioux Falls is a little different then what your used to. I expect you'll be doing some recruiting duty.

Never lie to a prospect. The only lie I had from my recruiter was he told me to make sure I had a new razor and shave cream. When I got to boot camp, they took them away from me. hahahahahaha It was kind of funny. I had an 8 inch beard and had to take it off with the "Gov issued, double edged razor they furnished." Man, that was a chore. But my recruiter was honest and I'll respect him for life. He told me what to expect and that's exactly what I got. When I made E-7 he was my defense counsil. Didn't help. haha Navy can resect that statement. Army, Air Force, and Marines can't. But Navy can.

Good luck. Welcome back. Is your family stateside? Is it going to be a familiar territory for you? Is it going to be new? Let us know and we'll help the best that we can. We can't be in your shoes, but we can certainly try to help.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:38 PM

Thank you all for the concern and thoughts for my family and I !!! Actually, based upon the job that I'm doing over here, the Army (in it's infinite wisdom) saw it fit to offer me about 10 different jobs upon completion of my tour. I have been in all sorts of different units and jobs (Infantry, Field Artillery, Air Cav, Small Hospital Clinincs, HUGE Medical Centers, to Instructing for 4 years) after this year of being embedded with the Afghans, I decided the job I would take is running the Medical Exams office at the Sioux Falls, Military Entrance Processing Station or (MEPS)...

It was something different from what I have done in the past and get to work with all of the services (not just the Army). I'm looking forward to the job and it should prove to be a nice transition from the Army to the civilian life. It is a locked in 3 year assignment, so I will end up doing 21 years not just the standard 20. Recruiting wouldn't be bad at all, as I'm sure I can sell the Army and it's benefits, but am very pleased to be doing this upcoming job !!!

I was teaching at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio for the past 4 years before coming here and when I left, I moved my wife and son back to Cincinnati where our families are. My son was 2 weeks old and my wife sure loved the help !!! Our families were happy to have her back there as well. I'm looking forward to being back home for a little while, but I can't wait to get to Sioux Falls and meet new people and start a new job.

I also want to look into volunteering seeing as how there is little Military presence there and make sure I represent the Army in a good light !!! Any suggestions for that one ?? Anyway, we start our travels home this coming Monday and things are even more exciting now that I'm packing !!! I will drop another line or two before I head out...

Once again, thank you all very much for the help and concern !!!

Mark...

Old 01-11-2008, 09:18 PM

Well, I have to pack my computer up today so I can finish packing and load our bags tomorrow morning. So this will be my last note for a while. Hopefully I will run into a place where I can log on from time to time, but will probably check in once I get back to Cincinnati.

Once again, thank you all for your help over the past several months !!! I will talk to you all again soon. I'M COMING HOME !!!!

Mark...

Old 01-11-2008, 09:48 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,358,257 times
Mark, that is SO fantastic!! I'll bet your family is just over joyed and are counting the hours now. Won't it be great to get back on U.S. soil?

I'm not sure exactly where you've been, but it looked like a lot of Iraq had some snow and unusually chilly temps today. But I guess some of the people were happy about it since none of them have ever seen snow.

Keep in touch and have a great trip home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls